39. Insult

Riya glared at her, showing she wasn't going to do that, and was about to call for servants when Dia eyed her again. And this time, rolling her eyes internally at Divya's devilish acts, she cursed her under her breath and got up from her seat. She started serving everything on the table and also helped the guests, with their own respective plates in their hands, with everything they wanted according to their preferences.

Shalini, on the other hand, left there unable to digest the embarrassment she just faced. Tears were dropping through her eyes in a constant flow, and she sobbed silently.

"Well… I'll do mine; there's no need for Riya to do that. It doesn't seem good", Farha said with fake pity for her.

"Farha… It's okay. Riya loves to do all this, and she is doing it with all her heart. Don't feel bad or guilty..!", she consoled her friend (fakely).

Riya passed a glare at Divya and Farha and then a small smile at others, saying 'Of course' and serving her as well. After they were done, she was even asked to clean the table and take everything to the kitchen. Mocking laughs and smiles were all demanded seeing that, and Riya felt screaming in her head. She wanted to smash Divya's head down for treating her like a servant and cursed herself for not understanding her plans beforehand.

Later, they played games at Riya's house, with Riya helping everyone and serving refreshments all alone. As Shalini left for her room and locked herself in, she was left with no option but to go through that torture. In this fully airconditioned mansion, she was sweating badly and had all her classy attire and appearance replaced with a servant vibe. This torture continued for more than one or two hours, and as the party ended, she sighed in relief. She was thankful to God that this was just an evening party and did not stretch till dinner.

"Had a great time Divya, thanks for calling me. And Riya, my baby, I missed playing games with you, but never mind, I loved the service you gave today. You know what? My own personal servants don't work so nicely like you did. Thank you so much!", Mrs. Irani blurted as Riya just started taking her seat.

Riya's face went red in anger, and her ears were already leaving smoke. She gritted her teeth, fisted her hands, and saw her other friend scurry away quickly. She stayed rooted till everyone left, and Dia came back after dropping them at the gate.

"What the hell was that? Why did you insult me like that? What have I done? Couldn't you just let the servants serve instead of making me the one?", she barked at Divya.

Divya folded her arms against her chest and looked at her with a stern face plastered with a small smile. She let her speak and vent her anger out before she looked straight in her eyes as she walked to her.

"Are you done?", she asked boringly.

Riya gasped, laughed, and clapped her hands, going nuts with her so-called 'I don't care' attitude. Her head was ready to blast with the thumping of her brain. Her breathing was heaving, and blood was boiling and flowing like lava. The humiliation she faced today was not something she could let slide or not think about. It was making her go insane, with everything being played like a reel in her head.

"What the fuck do you think of yourself, huh? Who the hell are you to treat me like that in front of so many people? You have to answer why you did this to me. What do you want?", she yelled again.

Dia's tongue poked into the muscles of her cheek, and she bit on her inner lip. Her eyes boringly rolled before resting on her face, which she felt like smacking out. She wants to scream at her face and reveal her identity, but she composes herself.

………..

Flashback

Riya was in the cafe sitting with her old college time friends. They were catching up after a long time and were having a good time. When one of her friends came late running inside. She was bathed in sweat, her dress was not matching Riya's standard and looked pale and poor. Everyone looked at her with empathy and had a pity but more than that concerned look in their eyes. While Riya was amusingly staring at her in horror. She didn't like the way her old good friend was dressed up. She felt shameful to call her as her friend and insulted her near everyone saying she doesn't belong to her fame and limelight life. That girl was crying after hearing the heart piercing words of her and left from there.

But what made Dia more agitated was to know that after losing her empire and being almost a beggar she had the audacity to insult someone else. Riya has still not gotten her lessons and later when one of her friends pointed out that she said something more defending her fake ego.

"She must depart from my life on a permanent basis. She either makes a decision on her own or for another cause doesn't matter. However, I won't let that unfortunate orphan bitch shadow stay in my life for a longer time.
She has to leave at any cost", with an evil tone she muttered.

……..

Flashback ends

……………..

"Answer me damn it!! Who the hell gave you the right?", Riya growled.

She slammed her hand at the flower vase and it dropped on the floor breaking into pieces. Meanwhile, Karan entered his house to find a heated argument happening between Divya and Riya. He could see Riya was raged while Divya just had a stern face as if trying to keep a calm on herself.

Riya's eyes darted to find Karan and pushing Divya she ran to him. She told him everything, crying her tears out of anger and insult while Karan was amazed to hear. He never knew Dia could be so heartless covering the layer of hatred on her heart that not only Riya but she made his mother a servant as well.

For some reasons he felt like whatever she did today was wrong though internally he knew it was not really wrong. But still the way she found out to teach her a lesson it's not right.

Well, there can never be a measurement, size or depth or width of right or wrong. Because there's always two sides of a coin and just like that the one can think it wrong while the other can find it right. 

For Dia, whatever she did was absolutely right and in her mind she thinks Riya deserves what happened today. Everytime Riya can't stoop low and misbehave, insult, humiliate anyone however she wishes. Someone someday needed to make her taste her own medicine and that she did. She is her big sister and if by not any other right than by this one she can teach her a lesson even if it means being the worst human in the world.

"I did what you deserve… you have no right to throw mud on others while you, yourself are soaked in mud fully", Dia's voice boomed.

She turned to glare at her with her cold stare and Riya gritting her teeth looked at her back with rage. While Karan had a confusing expression trying to process what's Dia actually up for and why she seems so pissed.

"I'll kill you….", Riya cried out.

She got her claws ready to scratch Dia's face like a hurt lioness when Karan scooped her in his arms. Her legs were flapping in the air and she was growling in anger. Karan was having a hard time holding her tight in his clutch while Riya was in a full mood to rip Dia off. 

On the other hand, Dia was just bored from her so-called sister's drama. She rolled her eyes at her melodrama and turned her heels ready to leave from there. When Riya elbowed Karan hard on his chest got off from his hold and made Dia turn around. But before she could hit her Dia was all ready for action and her hand landed on her cheeks printing her palms. 

A loud slapping sound echoed in the room making Karan and the surrounding for a second frozen. Karan gasped in shock while vibrating sparks jolted Riya's system. Divya didn't have any expression on her face and left her in a shock state where she was trying to recover from the intensity of that slap, she left. While Riya with her head titled to the left with hand on her cheek kept on staring at her retreating back.

"You will pay for this….!!", she murmured.