Chapter 5 - "And I thought you knew me well, Feyre."

Evette was sat at the table in the dining room the next day - it was lunch time, but for everyone it was their breakfast. Evette was feeling completely fine despite the amount of faerie wine she had drank yesterday - all thanks to her Fey physiology. "How is it you look completely fine and chipper?" Lucien complained from beside her as he massaged his temples.

"I'm Fey, Lucien." Evette reminded him. "The wine may have an effect on me...but I recover much better than anyone at this table. Fey recover from things faster than the Fae." Lucien let out a soft groan at this.

"And where were you last night?" Feyre questioned Lucien once she had joined them at the table with Tamlin. Feyre had briefly seen Evette tangled with a Fae male against a tree - Feyre had felt a little embarrassed when she had caught Evette's eye during it, and the woman simply winked at her mischievously.

Lucien's metal eye narrowed. "I'll have you know that while you two were dancing with the spirits, I was stuck on border control." Lucien explained, and Tamlin coughed pointedly at the man. "With some company." He added in with a sly grin, and Feyre instantly looked to Evette - who noticed and furrowed her brows.

Feyre noted that Evette did mention the Fey take more than one lover the night of Midsummer, and wondered if she had also taken Lucien as a lover as well. After all, Feyre had sensed a little tension between the two earlier yesterday. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Evette asked her. "Surely you don't think I was the one with him. And I thought you knew me well, Feyre." She shook her head softly.

Evette decided to not mention the fact they saw one another - it may only embarrass Feyre further.

"Say you don't want to be my lover." Lucien told her as he turned to face her, an expectant look upon his masked face. "Say you'd have denied me had I got back to you before that other Fae did." He gave her a look that told her that they both knew that if he had not left her alone, he'd have been her lover last night instead.

"I cannot." Evette replied.

"I thought so." Lucien said slightly smugly, before he looked to Feyre. "Anyways, rumour has it you two didn't come back until after dawn."

Feyre looked to Tamlin as she bite her lip, and Tamlin stared back at her. "You bit my neck on Fire Night." Feyre spoke under her breath, though they all heard as they were faeries with great hearing. "If I can face you after that, a few kisses are nothing." At this moment, Evette choked on her drink from what Feyre said, and Evette looked to Feyre with raised brows.

"Nothing?" Tamlin asked.

From beside Evette, Lucien muttered for the cauldron to spare him, making Evette snicker under her breath, and he shot her an annoyed look. "Nothing." Feyre replied as she ignored them both.

"Are you sure?" Tamlin asked, and Evette cringed at the feelings of desire and lust that curled off both Tamlin and Feyre as they stared at one another.

"I'm trying to eat." Lucien complained to the two.

"Both of us are." Evette added in. "And I don't really fancy feeling what you're both feeling towards each other right now in the air as I eat. It's a little uncomfortable, and discouraging for my hunger."

"You can feel that?" Tamlin asked her he faced her, Feyre following his actions.

"Yes." Evette replied matter of factly. "Again, I am Fey. We have a lot more magic than you Fae."

"But now we have your attention, Tamlin." Lucien cut in before Tamlin could look back to Feyre. "Not to be the bearer of truly bad tidings, but my contact at the Winter Court managed to get a letter to me. The blight. It took out two dozen of their younglings. Two dozen. All gone. It just...burned through their magic, then broke apart their minds." Evette shivered at the mere thought of that.