Chapter 13 - "I suppose that makes sense."

Evette had found her uncle shortly after returning, she didn't say anything to the others, she simply disappeared. "Come." She told her uncle as she gestured for him to follow her, just as Azriel sauntered into the room. "We ought to talk about...things." She told him.

"We were going to discuss the meeting with Amren and Mag." Azriel called out to her, and she briefly stopped and looked at him. "You could join us. Express your own thoughts as to what happened."

"I have other things to discuss with my uncle." Evette told him. "I'm sure the discussion won't miss me and my thoughts though." She walked off and headed for her room, and her uncle followed her.

"What is it?" Her uncle asked her as he closed the door behind himself.

"What do you think the likelihood is of the human Queens knowing the truth of what the Fey are truly like?" Evette asked the man. "Considering very little of the humans know of our existence."

"It's not impossible, but also not very likely." Her uncle replied. "More improbable than likely." He frowned. "Why?"

"The human Queens knew of us...of the Fey. They knew about how we only got involved in the war because we had something to gain." Evette recalled. "Which is something they shouldn't know, at all. Information that they could only get from certain people and places."

He looked at her with an odd look. "Are you saying what I think you're saying?"

"What do you think I'm saying?"

"That the human Queens are working with Hybern!" Her uncle replied lowly. "You can't possibly believe that, can you?"

"You weren't there...the Queens had an off feel to them." Evette told him. "I may have pushed off most emotions...but being an empath makes me more in tune to a person nonetheless. Something is off with them...and he could have offered them something. And if they aren't...how do they know about the nature of the Fey? He's - meaning the King - obviously told them of us...after all, it is no secret that I am in Pythian. He might've even heard of my departure from the Spring Court to the Night."

"Okay, say the human Queens and Hybern have an alliance...what does that mean?" He asked. "Will there be a war? Why would he ally with the leaders of the land he's about to ensue war upon? That's not something he'd do."

"I don't know." Evette replied. "Maybe there's an agreement that he doesn't attack certain places in the land? Maybe they're simply selfish and want what he's offered them regardless of the approaching prospect of war. Though, one thing is clear: I won't figure it out were I to be apart from those of the Night Court - so I suppose they have a slight importance to them."

"You don't plan on telling them what you've figured out. Good." Her uncle gave her a firm nod.

She shrugged. "They can easily figure this out themselves." She replied. She knew they could had they listened to her when she had mentioned that the Fey aren't well known among the humans. And if they were smart they'd realise that the human Queens weren't meant to know such things about them.

Though, she supposed they'd be more preoccupied with the Book and Hybern over the Fey. That wasn't her problem though.

It was just a few hours later when she was sat with her uncle - she was attempting to try and manipulate and control his emotions like an empath could. It wasn't working the greatest when Cassian, Rhys, Azriel, and Magdelena joined them. They stood off to the side and watched the two, and it was really putting Evette off.

"What do you want?" Evette whirled on them. "You're putting me off."

"The Queens requested proof of two things." Rhys reminded her as they joined them. "We've got the first handled. But now we need you to supply proof that the Fey want peace. That you aren't what everyone hears of your kind. That you're...not borne of violence and the like. That you're innocent in a sense and desire nothing but peace in your heart."