Chapter 3 - "By the Cauldron, you're so boring."

When Evette awoke she found that she was restrained to a chair by ropes, and magic. Though she couldn't see the magic, she felt it lingering behind her, around her hips and securing her to the chair. Evette's body ached as did her head, and she let out a soft sigh before she looked at the people gathered in front of her.

There was an extra person this time: a man, an Illyrian.

"So." Evette mused as she looked between them all, tugging on the ropes that restrained her. They were real tight - tight enough so she couldn't even move her arms to break free. "Am I at the liberty to know who my kidnappers are?" Evette questioned them all, raising her brow at them.

"We didn't kid..." one the blondes began slowly, and then she paused and then looked at the chair Evette was tied to. "Okay. It may seem that way, but, urm...I'm Mor." She introduced herself with a kind smile.

"Cassian." The Illyrian that dropped her said with a nod of his head.

"Amren." The silver eyed woman said. Evette looked at her slowly. She wasn't quite sure what this woman was - she could usually tell what manner of being a person was from sensing their magic. But the woman - she couldn't tell. All she knew was that she was old - real old.

"Curious." Evette hummed softly, looking the woman up and down.

"Azriel." The other Illyrian said, pulling her attention from the woman. She looked at him and she knew instantly what he was.

"A shadowsinger." Evette mused as she looked at him, and she felt the magic around her tighten, and supposed it must've been his shadows that held upon her.

"I'm Magdelena." The last one said - the other blonde. Evette snapped her head from the shadowsinger to the woman. The two of them stared at one another, and Evette wondered if this was THE Magdelena - from the War. The Magdelena that fought beside her grandmother - Aphrodita.

She decided not to question - they weren't her friends after all. They had kidnapped her. They were her enemies.

"You know, whoever tied these ropes ought to teach me how you did it." Evette mused as she swept her gaze throughout them all slowly, analysing them. Sizing them up. "These are some strong and impressive ropes and knots if even I can't break them." She paused in thought as she pulled at the ropes once more - her arms not moving at all. "They could come in handy back home for Midsummer - that would make for an interesting celebration with binds like this." She mused more to herself.

"How old are you?" Magdelena asked her, pulling her from her thoughts.

"21." She replied. Though, she supposed it was nothing compared to them. Especially Amren - the ancient one.

"Aren't you a bit young to take part in Midsummer?" Magdelena asked her, quirking a brow at her.

"You know of Midsummer?" Evette asked her, confirming her suspicions that this was THE Magdelena.

"What's Midsummer?" Cassian asked. Evette kept her mouth shut, but Magdelena still told him.

"It's the Fey's celebration of Summer Solstice." Magdelena explained. "The Fey celebrate it differently. It's a huge thing there - they fuck." She said, not sure how else to put it. "Out in the open, inside, with different people, with more than one lover. And it lasts...quite a long time. It also allows them to freely release the build up of magic within them." Magdelena glanced at Evette. "Nothing gets the Fey's heart and blood racing, and pumped up, like war and fucking."

"You've been to one. How surprising."

"The week long one." Magdelena explained to her. "A week of basically non-stop fucking. It was...tiring."