Chapter 6 - "I'm not a bitch, Lucien."

The next day, Evette was informed that Feyre was leaving Prythian for the human lands - that she was being sent home before Amarantha could act. Early this morning, Tamlin had found her and told her she should go with Feyre to the human lands, but Evette refused him. She told him she had no place to go in the human lands - that while she may look human, the humans who knew how to sniff the Fey out would kill her if they found her.

She told him that she was much safer in Prythian with Amarantha as a threat, than she was in the human lands.

Tamlin ended up accepting her decision - though she could tell he disliked it. But he could hardly force her out knowing she may be harmed and killed in the human lands - and he knew if word got out to the White Queen that he was the one who forced her there, he'd be in big trouble.

Evette was downstairs wating for Feyre so she could say her goodbyes to the human. She didn't have to wait long as she joined her, and Evette faced her with a slightly sad smile. "I do wish we had known each other for longer before this had to happen." Evette told the human. "One of my only friends...and you're leaving. Now, I'll be stuck with Lucien on my own."

"He's not so bad - you know that." Feyre told her with a smile.

"Perhaps." Evette replied. "Perhaps he is not the worst friend to have, after all. He is annoying though." She added in as she tried to make their goodbye be at least a little happy.

"I'm glad you think so, Princess." Lucien announced as he joined them both and interrupted their goodbye. Lucien, however, snorted upon seeing what Feyre wore - the trapping layers, the silk, the lace, another layer that was a jacket, and a ridiculous hat. "Those clothes are enough to convince me I never want to enter the human realm." Lucien said.

"I'm not sure the human realm would know what to do with you." Feyre replied, and she glanced at Evette. "Either of you."

"I'm not so bad." Evette objected lightly.

Feyre gave her an 'oh, really' look. "Midsummer?" Feyre reminded her of what she had glimpsed. "The tree? Need I say anything else?" Evette waved the woman off lightly, before the three of them were emersed in a terse silence.

Lucien gave Feyre an edged smile, before he gave a sharp look at where Tamlin was stood behind Feyre, waiting for her beside a carriage as he stared at them. Lucien looked back at Feyre and his metal eye narrowed. "I thought you were smarter than this." Lucien said.

"Goodbye to you, too." Feyre said.

Lucien shook his head and headed towards Tamlin, who gave off a warning growl. "You're not even going to give her a few more days?" He asked. "Just a few - before you send her back to that human cesspit?"

"This isn't up for debate." Tamlin told him firmly, before he gestured back up at the house. "I'll see you both at lunch." Lucien stared, spat upon the ground, before he stomped past Evette and went inside.

Evette looked to Feyre before she brought the woman into a hug, that Feyre returned in slight shock. "I'll miss you, Feyre." Evette told her as she pulled back from the woman. "My first, and only, female friend." She glanced at Tamlin and the carriage. "Have safe travels." She smiled gently before she turned and headed into the house after Lucien.

Evette was sat in the library of the estate - she wasn't reading anything - she was just sat in there. It was an hour or so until lunch, and she wasn't counting down the minutes until it reached then. She was gonna have a pissy Lucien and a depressed Tamlin to deal with - to say she wasn't looking forward to it was an understatement.

When the door to the library opened, she looked up and found Lucien entering and making his way over to her. He didn't say anything - not even when he moved to sit down with her. They sat in silence for a good few moments before he spoke. "We should talk about yesterday." He told her. "About what happened."