13

My hair suddenly feels very heavy , I stand up from my desk walk to my mirror and French braid my hair , pulling on the weaves  to give it a messy yet elegant look . I decide that I need a change of scenery I've been sitting by my desk for the past two hours staring at a map trying to find where my brother is being held hostage . I do what I must when my brain is foggy , so I lay on the floor with my legs up against the wall , the thick soles of my boots preventing my ankles to touch the wall and I stare at the ceiling hands crossed over my torso . I begin singing . My door swings open

I look over to my door frozen mid action . Xander looks mostly confused and then shakes his head . " Do you need a minute " a hint of frustration breaking in his voice .
" No " I reply getting up from the floor and dusting my clothes off .
" What do you want soldier " I ask .
He lifts one eyebrow " No more Xander , that's a shame " .
I roll my eyes " State your business or get out "
" Well , Madam Warner . I was wondering if you still want to go on patrol ? "
" My apologies I forgot . Yes let's go "
I grab my coat and walk off  .

I want to look for suspicious activity . I step outside of the tank and walk around . The ground was mushy from the earlier rain that fell and you can hear the sloshing of the tiny rocks and mud under my boots . I walk further into the distance take a deep breath and close my eyes . I hear more sloshing in the mud and I'm guessing it's Xander but when I open my eyes I see nothing . I only see the footprints in the mud  . I wipe my eyes underneath my glasses and take it off to clean it and then my vision goes red . And I see a male figure move not 2 metres away from me . I put my glasses on again and see normally.  I take off my glasses and see the man again only further away . I decide to follow him . After a long walk we reach a small passage going underground . He crawls inside . I'm hesitant to crawl , first of all I don't see Xander second I'm extremely claustrophobic . But the man already slipped inside I can't loose him so I take a deep breath and crawl inside . Once I'm out of the tiny passage there is a big white room with a singular biometric scanner . The man scans his hand and a steel door opens . He steps inside and I follow him . I want to take off my boots until I realise that I can't see my legs . I can't see my arms I can't see my body . I let out a panicked squeak . He turns around . Scans the room lifts his shoulders and continues walking . The red figure suddenly dissapears . I put on my glasses and my eyes widen . A Japanese boy too attractive for his own good . Kishimoto . I look back down and see my own body again . I practically rip off my boots and bolt after him trying to stay as stealthy as possible .

He walks off into a big room filled with tables . I'm guessing a cafeteria . I jump up and down trying to get my boots on . He stands in a line to get food and I stand behind a couple of people and further in the distance I notice petite Juliette. 
" Hello there "
I turn around to the British accent behind me . Nostrils flared my eyes alert
" Hello " I say
" Pardon my question , but are you new here ? "
I relax " Why yes " I smile
"My name is Brendan , what is yours ? "
" oh I'm Cl- I mean Scarlett nice to meet you Brendan "
" Nice to meet you Scarlett , what is your superpower?  "
" Superpower ? " I say frowning

I reach the front take a tray with food and Brendan invites me to eat with him . I walk with him and he joins Juliette ,  Kent and Kishimoto at a table . I can't believe it all three of them right in front of me . Kent has a child next to him in guessing about 9 or 10 years old. 
" Guys this is Scarlett . She is new to omega point " . Juliette and the child greets me warmly I wave back with a small smile . But Kent and Kishimoto is staring at me like I just threw up a pot of gold .
" What ?" I say poking the potato in my plate
Kent is first to speak and says " I'm sorry but do I know you ? "
" No " I say . A long awkward silence  " I need the bathroom" I say getting up and tossing the rest of the food in the trash . I walk outside of the cafeteria