14

I walk around and wander the halls . And I hear two male voices conversating over a distance . I hide in a corner as the voices get closer . The clear deep male voice sounds- Aaron . He's walking past me with a African man his dreadlocks neatly tied to the back . Aaron is perfectly fine , breathing , he doesn't look injured at all . I blow out a relived breath . My brother is safe . Juliette , Kent and Kishimoto are fine . Wow , that ... was way to easy . What do I do now ? I pull a hand through my braid and take a deep breath . I follow somebody toward the exit and went out the same way I came in . As I walk away from the small hole the cold breeze hits my skin . I make my body smaller trying to regulate my body heat .

In the distance I see a muscular soldier a hand caught in his hair . I walk up to him and see it's Xander . He's cussing continuously his eyes wild . I tap him on his shoulder, he turns around way to quickly . He pulls me into a hug way to fast and furiously . I stand as still as a log . " Damn it , I thought I lost you " he chokes . My face is pressed against his chest and I can hear , no feel his heart racing unhealthily . " Its okay Xander , I'm fine " I take my free hand and give him two awkward pats on his back . He instantly pulls away and cups my face , tilting it up to meet his .
"Where did you go , what happend ?"
I smile "I found my brother "

I'm back at my quarters back by my desk mapping Omega Point . A soft knock .
" Come in " I say folding the papers . A soldier comes in with the dog I picked up . I realise now that after it's been cleaned that it's a Doberman puppy . " Here is your dog Madam Warner she has been cleaned , we gave her some shots and fed her "
The dog is restless in his arms wringing herself out of the soldiers grip , jumping out of his arms running toward me . She slips on the wood floor and scratches my pant leg with one paw . She whimpers and let's out a high pitched yap .

" Awwwww come here you " I pick her up and put her on my lap scratching her ear . I only then realise that the soldier is still in my office . I clear my throat and put the dog down . " You are dismissed soldier , please show yourself out " . He salutes me and leaves . I look back to the dog her tail is wagging on the floor her head tilted and her tounge sticking out on the side . " What should I name you ? " I say scratching behind her ear . " How about cupcakes? " she let's out a satisfied yap . I chuckle . Since my brother is gone I write and read the reports . After that it's about 7 in the afternoon . I put on gym clothes and head to the shooting range .

Xander is there too . It annoys me that I can't be alone anymore . He throws me some bullets and I put it in my gun . "Just ch- " I'm already shooting . I like to imagine the faces of those I don't like and I continue shooting . I love the feeling of a fired gun vibrating through my body . Xander's eyes widen and he unconsciously takes a step back . " Reload ! " I shout and catch the packet of orange paintball bullets and throw it in my gun . I fire again and after the second round my page is already used up . I look over to Xander in the glass next to me . He fires carefully , first aiming and then shooting . He has excellent aim . He reloads his gun and looks over at me . He shouts something but I can't quite hear him . He shows me to take off the headphones .
" You need a reload ? " I hear him shout over the glass . I shake my head . I walk out of my cubicle . I hang the headphones back in place and put on my coat . He moves to stop " No " I tell him " Continue please , I'm done but you finish . Take your time " . He hesitantly moves back to his target . He shoots and I can't help but watch . His toned body under his fitted long sleeved top . I sometimes wonder what it would be like to , maybe just tell him my name or maybe kiss him all over or maybe , just maybe have somebody to be vulnerable around to show emotion to without feeling like I might be to much . And I realise now that I have lost this battle with myself . I'm falling for  Xander .