Chapter 1: Get to know Carlyn

London, United Kingdom 

"1, and 2 and 3, and 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. Do you guys get it now?" Carlyn asked as she demonstrated the new dance for their dance club's performance for a school celebration.

"Now, let's do it together, 1, 2, 3, go," "Jenny, raise your hand a bit higher," "Johsen, go lower," "One more," "Again," "Position!" "Doings, everyone!" "1, 2, 3, go!" and "Energy.", these are just a few of the lines the dance team hears whenever they practice with Carlyn.

Although Carlyn has a reputation for being severe in the dancing, outside of those hours, she is a really sweet and lively young girl. She behaves like her age outside of the practice and performances and has a very mature appearance when teaching. 

She is known to be the treasure and dance prodigy of the prestige art school she is in. She's just 13 years old when she got accepted to this university which is very unlikely due to her age, but looks like the school has seen Carlyn's passion and potential in dancing, as well as in any other forms of art. 

Aside from dancing, a few more art forms were being taught in this school, that includes performing arts such as theater, as well as traditional and modern/contemporary arts, literature, and more. 

Carlyn is the ideal child for any parent to have. She accomplishes her goals in a very fair manner, and she makes it a point to assist others along the way. This is why almost everyone in the school adores her. "Almost everyone" because there are students who gossip about Carlyn behind her back because of their insecurities and jealousy.

Carlyn is well aware of this; it's just that she doesn't care because her parents taught her that everything negative thrown at you doesn't matter as long as there is at least one person who believes and loves you, and you know for yourself that you haven't stepped on those looking down on you.

Carlyn is also a very private person; she doesn't use social media much because she prefers to dance, study, or simply enjoy herself without the aid of social media. She only uses social media when she needs inspiration, update in trends (usually dance trends), or for research purposes, which is why most of her relatives are unaware that she is in an art school; additionally, most of her relatives are in South Korea and not in the UK.

Even though her parents are mostly in Korea, they make it a point to call Carlyn everyday and visit her at least a week every month. Them being together is so important to them that even their distance isn't a hindrance to their bond.

Carlyn's parents own a well-known dance studio around the world, but the main headquarters are in South Korea. Carlyn has chosen to study arts in London because it has been her dream since she was a child, and her parents are fully supportive of her decision. Similar to Carlyn being the ideal child, her parents are also the ideal parents that anyone could imagine. 

-------------------- END OF CHAPTER --------------------