Chapter 10: Catching up

South Korea

Carlyn woke up early despite sleeping late last night. After her morning routine, she checked her phone to message her friends as well as read the messages they left last night while going down to prepare breakfast for her and her parents.

After replying she opened their cupboard and refrigerator to gather the ingredients she'll be needing. They have helpers who usually prepare breakfast for everyone but she wanted them to rest for some time while she's in the house.

She also knows that her parents always had quick on-the-go breakfast such as sandwiches, coffee, or maybe pancake being the best they've had while she's not with them due to their busy schedule. So while she's there, she promised to cook them proper breakfast.

Today's breakfast includes fried rice, rolled omelette, and kimchi stew, and side dishes as well. She made enough that even their helpers could eat.

She's also planning to make bentos with the same contents for her Wolf'lo unnies as she knows that they're already in the studio without proper breakfast.

While in the middle of cooking, her parents came down and greeted her while she greeted them back with a 'good morning', a hug, and a kiss.

"Mom, dad, please wait at the table. The foods are nearly done." Carlyn said sweetly

"Love, why are you the one cooking? And why are you preparing that many?" Her dad asked.

"Dad, I know that you weren't able to eat proper breakfast for who knows how long, so I wanted to prepare food for everyone." She answered

"I'm making a lot 'cause I want to give our helpers some too, because I'm sure they haven't had a proper meal for awhile to. And I'm bringing some for the unnies later at the studio." She added

Her parents just smiled at her while she answered them.

"Alright, love. Will you be going with us in the studio?" Her mom asked this time.

"Yes, mom. Today's the last practice for the mega crew mission before the shoot. I have to be there with the unnies."

"Hmm, okay. Just remember to eat on time, okay?"

"Of course, mom. You guys too should eat on time. You need it more that I need it. You should have a vacation some time this year, mom and dad. You guys are working too hard."

"We have to, darling. But don't worry, we'll put a family vacation in our plans"

As soon as her dad said that, Carlyn was done transfering the food into plates and bowls.

The tables are already set-up by the helpers earlier while Carlyn's preparing to cook so all that is left to do is to put the food on the table.

As soon as the food was set on the table, she called everyone. Every helper here is like a family to her as they have been with them even before Carlyn was born or was with Carlyn when she was born so everyone is close to her.

Everyone was chatting while enjoying Carlyn's cooking and there was no division between Carlyn's family and the helpers. They look like a big family eating together and catching up.

After eating, the helpers cleaned the table. Carlyn insisted but everyone stopped her, because she already did all the cooking. Carlyn gave up and she just went up to her room to get ready.

After getting ready, she and her parents headed to the studio, without forgetting the bentos for Wolf'lo.

-------------------- END OF CHAPTER --------------------