THE DREAM OF DEAD

Author: JessicaIvy24 Reviewer: CadencePadgett0

Reviewer: CadencePadgett0

TITLE: 8/10
It’s original and it fits with the story well. I don’t recommend putting (Under Editing) as a part of the title as it’ll turn off some of the readers.

COVER: 7/10
I like how the cover is simple and the colors are dynamic. The fonts are easy to read, but it doesn’t really match with the cover. Otherwise, I thought it was captivating.

BLURB: 10/10
The description is sweet and short. It’s on point and doesn’t reveal too much detail about the plot or the characters. The rhetorical question at the beginning of the blurb is very interesting. I was hooked and made me want to invest more time into the story.

CONCEPT and PLOT: 10/10
The concept is very intriguing and I enjoyed the idea of reincarnation. The plot is very interesting and it’s about a girl who died and was cursed up to the seventh life. It’s entertaining and I would love to continue with the story.

PACE: 8/10
The pace is fine. But there was a scene when Lynn met Jack, it felt rushed. I questioned if that’s Lynn’s character to follow a stranger to a secluded area. Then Jack introduced himself. I thought you could have slowed down a bit. Overall, the story progresses very well in terms of pacing.

CHARACTER INTRODUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT: 8/10
From the very beginning, I enjoyed reading Lynn’s life before her death. It showed a little bit of her personality. It was a nice introduction of the protagonist. However, like I have mentioned in the previous section, I did question Lynn’s character. Is it Lynn’s personality to follow a stranger considering her how she lived on the streets?

Overall, I thought the character development is good and hope to see more of Lynn and the other characters in future chapters.

GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY: 10/10
There are no mistakes I have seen so far! You used various words to convey the messages. Excellent grammar!

WRITING STYLE: 10/10
When I first read the story, I enjoyed the description of a beautiful day. It hooked me as I read the rest of the chapters. I did love the metaphor you used in the last paragraph in Chapter 1. You didn’t info-dump everything about the world. Instead you took the time to build the protagonist and their beliefs about the world. Your writing is very descriptive and on point. It’s very easy to read and understand what it’s being conveyed.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: 10/10
The book is entertaining and refreshing! I loved how original the plot is and the characters are very interesting to read. I hope to see more chapters in the future!

RATING ON THE BOOK: 10/10

Total: 83/100

Follow the reviewer and make sure to show your appreciation.