14

Everyone had gathered in the cafeteria by now. Seungkwan, Soonyoung and Seokmin reached the cafeteria a little late. The Seoksoon duo made their way towards their friends and Seungkwan was contemplating where and with whom should he sit with. In the end he decided to follow his bestfriend's Soonyoung and Seokmin. He trailed behind them and they all reached towards the table where Seungcheol, Mingyu, Jun and Vernon were already seated and were having their lunch. Soonyoung and Seokmin settled down besides Jun and that's when Seungcheol acknowledged Seungkwan's presence.
"Oh Soons and Seok you didn't inform that we'd be having a new face joining us"

"Oh Seungkwan??? Kwan ah When did you follow us??...
"Seungcheol hyung even we didn't know that he would be joining us today"

"Oh uh I thought why not seat with your other friends, i was just bored to seat with them regularly, change is also better sometimes right?"

"Yes yes absolutely right, please have a seat Seungkwan", said Seungcheol smiling towards him

"Umm where should I sit?" He asked eyeing the empty seat that was unfortunately besides Vernon, Seungkwan's crush. And oh boy did he want to embarrass himself by sitting besides his crush and be flustered, nah nah he would rather sit alone than to sit besides Vernon.
Before he could go and pull out an empty chair from their neighbor's table, Seokmin was quick to say that,
"Kwaniee why are you taking the trouble of pulling that chair when we already have an empty seat besides Vernon here" said Seokmin pointing at the empty seat

"Umm I just wanted to sit besides you Seokie hyung",said Seungkwan fidgeting with his hands

"Aww that's sweet, but you can sit here Seungkwan i don't bite", said Vernon

Seungkwan was surprised at first but complied quickly and sat besides Vernon. They resumed their conversation where they were discussing about today's event that happened and how they are glad that it already got over because damn that was one hell of a project presentation event. Soonyoung noticed that Seungkwan was not making an eye contact with anyone and was just looking down, and his ear tips were also in shade of red.

"Kwan ah, are you sick? Why have your ears turned red? And also why are you not talking with us, this isn't you"

Seungkwan wanted to punch Soonyoung for mentioning that and now he has everyone's attention on him and on top of that his cheeks are also turned beet red.
"Uh no Soonie, it's just that I am feeling shy it's my first time sitting with you all right that is why", Seungkwan said nervously fanning himself.

Seokmin and Soonyoung looked at each other raising one of their eyebrows in question,
"Eh??, the almighty Boo Seungkwan is feeling shy?? Oh what a joke.  Seriously Seungkwan you think we are dumb?", said Soonyoung.

"Alright alright now, Seungkwan you don't have to feel shy amongst us, we are all friends i believe and Vernon here is of your age right, if you don't like talking with us you can talk to him", said Seungcheol pointing at Vernon
"And you both, enough of teasing Seungkwan and finish your lunch quickly then we can go and have ice-cream in the shop that's just besides our Uni, it's my treat",said Seungcheol enough of having to deal with Soonyoung's and Seokmin's shenanigans.
Everyone on the table cheered loudly at the mention of icecream that to for free and people that were in the cafeteria looked at them weirdly.
Seungcheol sometimes feels like he's the father of these rowdy children that he calls friends, and honestly he can't have it the other way. He's glad to have such amazing people in his life whom he could call as friends a word that he never believed in during his childhood. Seungcheol never had friends during his childhood and he thought that no one wanted to befriend him and that he would live his life like a lone wolf. But it changed when he started his High school where he met Jun & Soonyoung and in the blink of an eye they befriended him and the three would hangout everyday after school. After that he met Mingyu during their Basketball tryouts and through Mingyu he met Vernon, they all met through each other and became the best of friends. He is glad that Soonyoung and Jun found him and befriended him or else he wouldn't get the courage to go out and make friends on his own. He's glad he could have some people who he calls a family and can rely on each other without receiving any judgements or mean comments.