Chapter 9

EDINBRUGH CASTLE, 

Things were starting to settle down the capital no longer was it just the highest ranking members of the aristocracy at court all members were welcome at court and rumours that the kings was asked to restart the debutante season circled the court, The countess of Sutherland had left to take up her post as headmistress of the royal academy and general Murray had taken his post as Minister of Defence. Yes everything was going well until a Prussian prince had walked into court 

Prince Frederick was the second son of the king of Prussia and at sixteen had a knack for diplomacy and upon arriving at court he found his attention drawn to the new king of Scots, right now he was sat in a meeting with said king. "What can I do for the kingdom of Prussia" asked harry giving him a stare with those emerald green eyes, "My father has asked me to gain a trade deal, with Scotland entering the world stage again Prussia wants to secure its interests"

"very well what does Prussia wish to trade" asked the king he was trying to gauge just what did the prince want, "Ships" harry looked confused a monition for the prince to explain further "Prior to the act of union the kingdom of Scotland had a proud navy but now none exists" Harry agreed to take the matter to the privy council but could not make any promises. "I there anything else" 

"There is, I'm hosting a ball at the embassy and as such I would like for you to come" harry sighed yet another ball to attend. In his short time he had attend three, The first was at scone the night after the coronation, The second at the castle as a late birthday ball and the third had been held by the duchess of Lennox as a way to persuaded him to restart the social season along with the presentation of debutantes. 

"Of course I would be happy to attend" and with that the meeting drew to a close and the prince was escorted out of the office. Then there was knock on the door, harry told them to come in, "General Murray what can I do for you" The general took a seat across from the king. 

"Your majesty we have chosen a site for the peace talks" for the next few minutes the pair talked about the location of the peace talks, The location chosen was a field in the middle of nowhere right on the border, Another knock on the door and a footman came in walked up to the king and whispered in his ear "the Weasleys are in the throne room." Harry soon found himself jumping out the chair and storming through the castle halls 

THRONE ROOM 

The Weasley family where waiting in the throne room they had asked Percy for help and he had brought them there. He had sent a footman to get the king, now he was standing at the side of the room not looking at the rest of his family just waiting for the incoming storm that is king henry I of Scots. 

The doors of the throne room open with a bang an angry king sat on the throne, "You have some cheeck Mrs Weasley coming before me while your husband is wanted for treason" all the Weasleys could do was look on in shame, but one little red head had to go and ruin it all, "Come on mate don't be like this" the assembled courtiers gasped at this, the fact that he would dare to be so friendly with the king. 

"Mate, you dare to assume that after all that has happened we would still be friends" Ron looked mad at this he was here to be friends with a king but now he was being pushed aside, The doors to the throne room opened, "Lord Lovegood thank you for coming" Walking behind him was his daughter Luna, "What's Looney doing here" if the court were shocked that one of them was disrespectful when ginny said that word all hell broke loose, whispers broke out and rumour mill was already spinning. 

"Lord Lovegood have you looked at the gathered evidence" Xenophilius moved to stand in front of the king "I have, your majesty" harry stood from his throne, "In your opinion have the Weasley broken any Scottish laws" the list of crimes was wrong from taking bribes to actual murder. It was decided that the Weasleys would be banished but the warrant on Arthur remained 

PRUSSIAN AMBASSADORS RESIDENCE 

By the time the king and his friends arrived the ball was in full swing, The residence of the Prussian was Dalmeny House a grand country estate confiscated after the family were found to be working with the English so the house and its contents were sold of to highest bidder to generate some income for the country. It was by luck the Prussians had bought it and turned it into the home for the ambassador. 

Prince Fredrick was making the rounds of the guests saying hellos and making introductions, The doors to the ballroom opened and herald announced "His Majesty King Henry of Scotland" the ballroom turned into a fuller of whispers and gasps, The prince hadn't told anyone that he invited the king to the ball. As the host the prince made his way to the king. 

The prince bowed before the king "Your majesty Thank you for coming my I have the Honour of the first dance" All harry could do was nod and blush, He had known since after the yule ball he liked the same sex but this was the first time he would display that. The prince led harry to the centre of the ballroom and of course the dance had to be a waltz and Harry found that in dance he was a better follower than a leader. 

Harry found himself smiling every time he was spun "having fun" harry smiled liking this ball more than the others that he had attended so far "Very much so" The prussian prince smiled at him both seemed to be having fun, And on the side of the dance floor rumours of a betrothal between the king and the prince were already flying. 

SCOTTISH-ENGLISH BORDER 

The peace summit was due to begin but the English delegation were late, Sitting in the constructed tent was the Scottish delegation, The king was starting to get inpatient for they wanted this war over and done with, Soon the loud cracks were heard and the English delegation stepped into the tent. 

"You finally arrive Fudge, shall we skip the nicety's and get started" Fudge and the rest of the English took their seats and wards were raised to stop people from attacking each other, "Here are the terms fudge" Harry slid a roll of parchment over the table. 

Treaty of the Border, 1995

1) All English Children shall be permitted to attend the royal academy but shall have to pay tuition fees and follow Scottish laws 

2) England shall pay 1.5 Million galleons to the families to Scottish soldiers

3) England shall Apologise for Attacking Scotland  

4) England shall recognise the legitimacy of the Scottish crown and cease all further attempts to gain control

5) Those wanted by the Scottish crown will still have active bounty's 

6) Those found to be working with England shall be either Be Exiled, Imprisoned or Beheaded depending on the Crime. 

The Minister and his Aids looked over the treaty they had no other choice the English forces had been decimated at the battle of Edinburgh and now they would be forced to accept the Scottish peace deal.  

The King of Scotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें