Chapter 13

9th May, 1996, Dalmeny House 

Fredrich was in his apartments at Dalmeny House overseeing the last of his packing before the wedding tomorrow. He would stay the night at the house before the wedding, He watched as a footman took down a portrait of his mother that he had brought with him. He was brought out of his thoughts by a knock on the door. "His Majesty the King of Prussia" a footman announced and his father walked into the room. 

"So you manged to snag the King of Scotland" his father was an asshole always belittling his second born son, A son that has always taken after his mother, "Father I didn't know you were coming to the wedding" the only time he had written to his father was when it concerned diplomatic matter never personal, "Your Husband to be invited me" his father took a seat on the couch, He looked around the room that had several portraits removed. 

"Where are the paintings, Have you fallen on hard times" his father teased him, the paintings had been his mothers collection that she had willed to him upon her death, "some are being taken to Linlithgow others to the castle and the rest in storage" and for some reason the king was upset by that, "And not return them to Prussia, They are the property of my royal house" 

"No they were mothers and she gave them to me" Fredrich had enough of his father storming into his bedroom and locking the door not coming out until the wedding. 

10th May 

The day had been made a national bank holiday, Business had closed and crowds had gathered on the streets on the capital to get a glimpse at the royal couple, But the week leading up to the wedding saw the couple not only become a festival but also secure zone as world leaders and heads of states arrived in the capital for the wedding of the year with everyone wanting an invite. The only leader to be denied a invite was the new minister of magic Rufus Scrimgeour. 

At St Giles guests were arriving and taking their seats, the last time many of them had been in the cathedral was for the sombre funeral of James and Lily potter and where now glad they were here for a joyous occasion, Hermione and Neville were sat next to each other, "How was harry when you saw him this morning" Neville asked as she had stayed at the castle the night before "Nervous just as anyone would on their wedding day" she giggled a bit they were sixteen and harry was the first of this unlikely friend group to be married 

At Dalmeny house prince Friedrich was making his way down the stairs he was looking around the house a new ambassador would soon inhabit, at the bottom of the grand staircase awaited lady McGonagall "Minerva shouldn't you be at the Cathedral" she smiled at him "I'm here to walk you down the aisle" he had thought he would have to walk down alone as he refused to ask his father to give him away "Thank you" the pair made their way outside where the household staff were gathered all either bowed or curtsied. The pair climbed into the waiting carriage and made there way through the streets of the capital. And to celebrate the marriage the king had granted him the the Highland Light infantry as his own and to mark the occasion the regiment had changed the jacket colour from a deep blood red to a vibrant Prussian blue. 

At the same time a carriage had left the castle, in it were two people the king and his best man Sirius black who had been made Earl of Lauderdale, Harry was dressed in his military uniform. He waved to the crowds as they passed "I'm sure your parents would have loved to be here" said Sirius he remembered James and Lilys wedding like it was yesterday. They had been married in the small chapel on the grounds of potter manor with only a handful of close friends attending. 

Harry was the first to arrive at the cathedral, He was greeted by Cardinal Michael who was to officiate the wedding as the popes health had begun to decline a couple of months after his return to Rome, the Cardinal escorted Harry and Sirius down towards the high alter, a small orchestra from the royal conservatoire lightly played Canon in D. Guests stood as they passed down the aisle.