Chapter 10

Linlithgow Palace, 2nd September 

A Carriage and Escort were rolling through the Scottish countryside towards Linlithgow Palace, the palace was once a 'Pleasure Palace' a place for the king to get away from the court and enjoy some country air, however after the reign of James the VI the palace feel into disrepair and went unused until a fire broke out burning it. 

The Escort rode through the fore gate and around the courtyard fountain and then came to a stop, The door to carriage opened and Harry along with his friends exited the carriage. "Why have you brought us here" asked Hermione, they all wondered why harry had brought them to an old ruin, "I wish to rebuild, Holyrood is nice and all but I need a place away from court"  

The group thought this was a nice idea, the kingdom was at peace and his rule had been secured. "I think that's a great idea harry" said Neville, While the group took a tour of ruins he wanted to find ways to involve his friends in this grand project and so he would have to think on it more 

Godric's Hollow, Midnight, 3rd September 

In the small town of Godric's Hollow lies a church with a small graveyard, Its in this graveyard underneath an Ancient Oak tree lies the joint Graves of James and Lily potter the parents of harry, the two had sacrificed their Lives so that their son could live, however they died not knowing what dumbledore had planned for their son. But their is one small comfort they died knowing about the potter family secret and James had intended to claim his right once the war was over. 

It was in this graveyard that a small detachment from the black watch escorted a priest to the graves of the crown prince and princess. Once they reached the grave the priest nodded for the soldiers to begin digging while he said a prayer asking forgiveness for disturbing the grave, once the soldiers digging had reached the coffins they were exhumed, at this point the priest turned around while the soldiers transferred the skeleton remains to fresh coffins, the graves were then covered back up and the group port keyed away returning the yard back to peace. 

Holyrood House, 12pm, Monday 3rd September

In the Grand Hall of Holyrood house two coffins sit on a raised dais and four soldiers stand at each corner standing watch, Each coffin is draped in the royal banner of Scotland and the crowns of the crown princes and princess sit on top along with a flower arrangement. Harry stands in front of the coffins dressed in a uniform of the black watch, "They would be proud of you" Harry looked behind him and saw prince Fredrich come into the Hall. 

"Thank you" harry walked closer to him, ever since they first meet the pair had gotten closer they shared a picnic after the ball and the prince had even joined him for dinner a couple of times, The prince enveloped harry in a hug giving him a moment to let his emotions out, Harry then stood up straight and wiped the tears from his face "I think its time we let the masses in" harry was taking a leaf out of the funerals for English monarchs, The pair would lie in sate for a week before the funeral, Before a funeral at St Giles Cathedral on the Sunday conducted by the magical pope Leo X. 

Harry command one of the guards to open the doors and people came flooding in following the roped pathway paying their respects to two people they had never even meet or knew of, Harry slipped away and was standing by a door watching the people, "They never even knew them" Harry said looking at Friedrich, "They don't mourn for themselves, they mourn for you. When my mother died my siblings and I were told not to cry in public as it would be a sign of weakness" all harry did was look on at the crowds of people. 

Holyrood house, 11am, Sunday 9th September 

Harry stood in front of a mirror in his room at Holyrood, starring at the uniform he was wearing, soon he would walk out of those doors for the funeral which had been planned since he became king, There was a knock at the door. "Come in" harry was brought out of his thoughts by his god father coming in "Hey there pup" Sirius went and stood behind harry at the mirror "When your father told me he was a king I laughed at him" Sirius said with a fond smile remembering the good times with his brother in all but blood.