Chapter 18

Edinburgh Castle, Midnight, Tuesday 17th July 

The capital city was quiet, the streets were deserted in the past couple of days people barley left their homes in fear of another attack. in the courtyard of the castle a simple carriage and small escort pulled away under the cover of darkness. The carriage made its way through the city towards one of the gates that controlled access, The Guards manning the gate opened it seeing the approaching carriage and escort. 

The carriage made it's way through the countryside towards Glasgow, stopping only once at a small army outpost to change the horses that had become tired with the fast pace they were being pushed at. The carriage made its way through the merchant city and towards Clydebank home to the city docks, It is said that ninety five percent of the nations trade comes through this city. The city also happens to be famous for its ship building. 

The carriage pulls up to the dock yards just as the sun is begging come over the horizon what luggage that the carriages occupants had brought with them is quickly loaded onto the awaiting ship, and just as the morning work whistle is sounded the at the docks, The ship realises is mooring ropes and unfurls its sails, And just and morning crews begin their work the HMS Prince James And The Following HMS Princess Lily Pull sail up the river Clyde and into the Irish sea. 

On the deck of the Prince James Harry stands and watches and the city disappears behide them, It had been decided that they would attend the Queen of Spain's summit, Deciding to leave the capital under the cover of darkness as not to arouse suspension as to why the kings were leaving the capital on the eve of war. Fredrich slips behind his husband and leans his head on his shoulder "You mustn't worry, Amelia will make sure their is a Scotland to return to" Harry had worried that the trip was a bad idea and had wanted to send someone in their stead but Fredrich told him that with all the other leaders attending it would be bad form to send an ambassador. 

"I know, But how quickly will voldemort invade Scotland, will my cousins forces arrive in time"

Meanwhile At Holyrood House 

A press conference had been called by the new minister for press affairs, Sophia Throne, countess of Bute was a women of twenty five a muggleborn with a degree in public relations from London's University of the arts, She knew how to handle the press and the wizarding press was no different from the muggle. When in her interview with both kings, Fredrich had asked her what she thought of the press and her reply had shocked them, "They are vultures your majesty, The claw and fight for any scrape of information or a whiff of a scandal" she had been given the post on the spot. 

 The Countess had suggested that it would be wise for a dedicated press office and had suggested that all news come from Holyrood house to save the royal residence an invasion from the press. After the brief war with England was over papers had sent reporters in droves to the Scottish capital, Thus creating the demand for the creation of the royal press corps. So now here Sophia stood at a podium answering question of events from the past forty eight hours. All was going well until Rita Sketter asks a damming question "And can we expect an appearance from their majesty's" the reports went silent and camaras continued to flash "Unfortunately His majesty King Fredrich has come down with a serious flu and King Harry wishes to be by his side" she could only hope the lie could last until they returned. 

Irish Sea, Coast of Ireland

The two ships had joined the King of Irelands escort as there was after all safety in numbers, Harry and Fredrich had been invited by the King to dine with him that evening. The two ships had pulled up beside each other and a bridge had been extended between them, The Irish high stood on the deck of the ship waiting for the couple.