Chapter 14

EDINBRUGH CASTLE 

The wedding party of the year was in full swing, right now harry was resigned to dance with the queen of Spain. During their dance they were discussing the possibility of harry and Fredrich visiting Spain, "You should see the palace in Madrid, you would love it" said the queen as harry guided her across the room. "I'm sure we would, how about we have our ambassadors discus it" to be honest he loved the idea of heading to Spain, there honeymoon would be made of three weeks in the Scottish highlands at balmoral. 

Across the other side of the room the newly crowned king consort was in a discussion with the presidents of America and Germany, "All I am saying is your majesty I never did like your father, your mother on the other hand was saint" said the German president, magical Prussia never did like the German state and Fredrich's father did everything to undermine their place in Europe. "perhaps we should move on, Your majesty my wife would very much like it if you and your husband visited us" and like his husband Fredrich liked the idea of escaping Scotland for a while, perhaps a few state visits were in order to secure Scotland's place on the world stage.  

While Fredrich was enjoying his conversation he noticed that a footman had walked over to his husband, and with a nod the members of the privy council started filling out of the room, He made his excuses to leave the presidents and followed them out of the room, till they reached the privy council room and not wanting to be left out walked in. "Fredrich what are you doing here" not saying anything Fredrich took the seat to Harrys right "Helping my husband conduct the affairs of state on our wedding night 

the last to arrive was lord Lovegood "Forgive me your majesties I was finishing gathering the facts" the gathered group were now interested in why he had called them here, "it seems that two hours ago at a street party was attacked by a group of unknown masked people" gasps sounded around the room, they had all thought the capital was secure, everyone looked at Harry and Fredrich. "What shall we do, we cannot let this go unpunished" Minerva asked looking around the room, "The army shall conduct a full sweep of the capital but shall not let this frighten us" said Fredrich, Harry agreed and the pair returned to the party. 

The wedding party lasted until the early hours of the 11th with the guest not leaving until well after 4am, harry and Fredrich used this day to get some rest before the departed on their honeymoon and the army were still conducting their search. 

EDINBRUGH CASTLE, 12th MAY 

In the courtyard of the castle what nobles remained after the wedding were gathered to see the newly weds off. After the attack on the street party the escort for the journey had been increased what had once been ten mounted men turned into twenty all under orders from general Murray. This journey had been planned to the finest detail, they would stop in Kinross to change the horses then travel onto scone were they would spend the night and then finally travel to balmoral. 

"So what will you do when were away" harry asked Hermione, "Mother insists we visit Glamis castle, we leave in the morning" the rest of their friends were the same each seeing it as a chance to escape to their country homes for a while, "Good get some because I have agreed to the duchess of Montross's proposal to restart the social season" and that meant that a busy summer of balls, opera, ballet, horse racing and other activities all under the guise of the noble families marrying off their sons and daughters. 

BALMORAL ESTATE, CAIRNGORMS, 13th MAY

The carriage and its escort pulled through the gates of the balmoral estate, While balmoral may be called a castle it was more a country house. The land was purchased by prince albert who fell in love with the location during a visit to Scotland, there was an older house that sat on the land but was demolished following the completion of the castle. It was built to look like a castle with its majestic turrets and a 'Battlemented' porte-cochère.