Chapter Twenty Six

If you're wondering why it's chapter twenty six instead of twenty five it's because I put chapter nine and a half as chapter ten.

1,000,000 reads!!!!! WOOOP WOOOOOP TANKS GUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter Twenty Six

My head’s bent down, I shudder in disgust. I just recently threw up all the contents in my weak stomach—again. It's been happening all day. This is the fourth time. I couldn't hold down anything, even water. By the second time I vomited, there was nothing left in my stomach to vomit with. But I guess now my body has found away.

"Are you okay dear?" Sister Marge asks. She had been sent by Sister Beth because Sister Beth had some things to attend to. She had been by my side the whole time I was being sick. I nod and flush the toilet, letting my stomach contents flush away. I feel light headed and nauseous now. Sister Marge was rubbing my back soothingly. I walk weakly to the sink and get out my toothbrush to brush my teeth again for the fourth time of the day. The only reason it’s so easy for me to navigate is because my feet have grown use to walking this route.

As I put the brush in my mouth to cleanse the bitter taste of stomach acid out. Sister Marge tells me she is going to the church and to call her if I get sick again. I nod and continue brushing. My hair is pulled back in a short ponytail so it could escape the sick. Sister Beth decided to cut the ragged ends that Kyle did with his knife. It’s now a little longer than my shoulders. I’m still not used to the length of it. I kind of miss the length of my long hair. But I like the new style of it. It’s easier to deal with.

I spit the toothpaste out after I was done brushing and then rinse the toothbrush. I hear someone enter my room with urgency. The intruder came into the small bathroom and sighs. I put the toothbrush up and try to guess the presence of the strange.

"Athena! Are you okay? I've heard that you were violently sick and I got scared. It took forever to convince the Sisters to let me in your room after what Sister Elizabeth witness last night. But I had to see you!" Jesse speaks frantically. I almost blush remember what happened last night.  It wasn’t my fault that Sister Elizabeth’s room was in the view of us.

I sigh and then nod. "But really, are you okay?" his voice was soft and caring. What did I do to deserve him?

"Jesse, I just don't know what's wrong with me. I'm so hungry, but I can’t hold anything down. I'm glad you came to see me." I suddenly feel self-conscious; I probably smell gross.

"Come on, let's get you to bed." Jesse suggest. He picks me up bridal style and carries me to the full size bed that sat at the side of the room. He carefully tucks me in the bed. He was just caring about me. Why did he do all this for me?

"Do you want me to stay with you?" He asks. Of course I want him to stay with me! I didn't feel safe by myself. Not after what happened. I nod and signal him to lie down. I feel the weight of his body sit on the bed.

"What if this is meant to happen? Maybe it’s my time to die." I suggest. It was a good possibility that it was true. I really don’t think God likes me too much anyway.

Jesse sighs. "I could be true or you could just have a bug that will blow over soon. Hopefully it's the ladder. I don’t want you to die just when we’re on the brink of overcoming this chaos." He says sadly. I rub my hands over my eyes. Oh how conveniently it would be if I could see.

“I think I’m losing my vision too. My eyes are almost as light as yours and I have to strain to see read anything.” Jesse says. I stiffen, this cannot be happening. If I’m already blind, and if Jesse is going blind, then that means…