Chapter Eight

Guess what? Edited!!

Chapter Eight

You know that feeling that you’re being watched? Yeah, well that’s how I feel right now. I was in my car in the school parking lot. It was like déjà vu from yesterday.

Emery was waiting at the front door again looking around the parking lot. I didn’t want to get out, I was too scared.

When I read the poem last night, I first thought of Emery. Then doubt came, I am one-hundred percent sure that it was not there when Emery left my room. It couldn’t be him. I knew it showed up between me going downstairs for dinner and me coming to my room to draw my bunny.

But I was still going to question the hell out of Emery. For all I know Emery might have come in my room when I wasn’t there and put it in there. Why would someone do something like that in the first place? What kind of sick joke was Emery trying to pull? All these questions rush in my head after my state of shock.

Sure, Emery might be really annoying, but why would he try to scare me? As much as I want to, I can’t rule Emery out.

After that poem, my body and mind kicked into full paranoia mode. Every sound I hear I had to second guess what it was. It was eating me alive, I hate it.

I really need to man up. I need to get out of this car and face my inner demons (no pun intended). So, I take a deep breath and step out of the car. I start walking step by step, taking my time. This wasn’t so bad.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I scream and jump about five feet in the air. I whip around ready to fight. I might not be any Chuck Norris but I can bite.

“Calm down Athena, it’s just me.” Jesse says.

“Jesse, what did I tell you about sneaking up on me?” I say through clench teeth.

“I’m sorry! But you seem really tense, You okay?” Was I going to tell Jesse about the poem? Can I trust him? I told him I would give him a chance, so why not?

I sigh. “I’ll tell you in free period. I’m just really paranoid so don’t scare me.” He nods as we make are way to the front doors were Emery is.

Oh god, I was getting closer to Emery. He was grinning like an idiot, I just really want to smack that smile off his face.

“Hey Athena, last night was fun.” Emery says smiling. I think someone might need to hold me back; I was about ready to drop kick Emery. The way he says it makes it sound like…well you know…‘it’.

Jesse raises an eyebrow, Emery just stood there looking like an idiot. “Um, Emery just moved into our neighborhood and mom invited him and his parents over for dinner.” I say quickly. I didn’t want Jesse to get the wrong idea or Emery to have the satisfaction.

“So Athena are you sure that you can’t go out this weekend.” Emery asks. I roll my eyes.

“I already told you once, I am busy. Get. It. I. Am. Busy.” I say lowly.

“Okay, I understand, well I’ll see you in Religion class.” Emery says as he went into the school doors. I groan. He is so annoying.

“Are you two….together?” Jesse asks. I snort, he was funny.

“There is no way in hell I would ever go out with Emery.” I said. Jesse look relieves.

“Thank god, I don’t like him. He seems suspicious, I don’t trust him.” He says. Someone understands!

“Thank you! You don’t know how happy you just made me. You and I buddy are the only people in the school who think of Emery this way.” I said. Finally, someone gets it!