Chapter Thirteen

EDITED LOVELYS!

Hey there. I see you. Hey! Stop eating! I'm trying to talk to you.I know it's short but don't get rude. Cause I will cut you. Rude. For my male readers things might get uncomfortable. Just a heads up.

Dedication to @SoaringSean because he made my new cover and my old one. Love you, Bestie!

Chapter Thirteen

For about twelve seconds I was in shock, for two reasons. First reason was that I didn’t remember setting my ring tone to ‘You Are My Sunshine’ by that guy whose name I can’t remember. I can’t even remember setting my ring tone to anything other than the default tone that came with the phone. The song only played when the number 666 called my cellular device. When Kyle called the default ring was back, but why?

The second reason was that there was a DEAD freaking cat in my closet. First off, why the hell is there a dead cat in my closet? Second off, why the hell is there a dead cat in my closet? Third off, how the hell did a dead cat get in my closet? Forth off, why the hell was there a dead cat in my closet? These were the questions that came to mind when Kyle told me that there was a dead cat in my closet.

“Athena?” Kyle’s voice broke through my thoughts. I forgot he was still on the phone.

“Yeah Kyle, I’m here. Sorry, could you repeat that?” I say urgently into the phone. Maybe I miss hear him? There honestly couldn’t be a dead cat in my room, right?

“I say that there is a dead cat in your room.” I could tell that Kyle was getting restless. It probably not exactly joyful to find a dead animal in your friend’s closet.

“Um, I’ll be over there in a few minutes.” I say into the phone and hung up. I really didn’t want to go in my house. I was now too scared to even stand up.

“Athena,” a distance voice brook through my thoughts. “Athena, are you alright? What’s going on?” Jesse was getting closer to me. He was only a few feet away from being next to me. I almost forgot he was in the room. He came closer and touches my shoulder, he kneels on the ground. I close my eyes to take it all in. This had to be a sick dream.

“Athena, why are you crying?” Jesse’s voice brook through my reprieve of the present. I didn’t even realize I was crying. I lifted my hand and touched my face. There was wetness that touched my fingers. I guess I was crying.

“Athena?” Jesse asks again. This time I finally get the idea that I should respond to him.

“Yeah Jesse?” I ask.

“What happen? Who called you?” Jesse seems worried about me. But why was he worried?

“Um, this number 666 called me. I don’t remember what the caller on the other end says though. Then Kyle called and says that there was a dead cat in my room. I have to leave to see what he’s talking about. Thanks for inviting me to your house and scaring the crap out of me.” I say as I get up from the floor.

“Wait, I’ll go with you.” He stops me by grabbing my arm.

“Why?” I ask more harshly then I intended to.

“Because we’re in this together. Do I have to bring out the High School Musical soundtrack out? Because they sure have the right idea.” He answers with a smile. I really want to do this by myself. Why does he have to be so annoying?

“I really have the urge to punch you in the face, have you ever had the urge to punch yourself in the face?” I ask sarcastically. I start moving to the door of the attic but Jesse follows. Just great.