Chapter Fifteen

*Edited*

Chapter Fifteen

“Emery?” I spoke into the phone. Wow, didn’t see that one coming.

“Yeah?” Emery asks.

“What do you want? And how did you get my number?” I say a little harsher then I meant to.

“A little rude are we? I just wanted to call my good friend Athena and see how she was doing.” Emery replies. I roll my eyes at him even though he can’t see me.

“What do you really want Emery?” Emery just can’t just call me and shrug it off.

“What are you wearing?”

“Emery!” I yell.

“I’m kidding. Look outside your window.” Emery says. Why would he want me to look outside my window? I walk over to my window and look out to see Emery standing four stories down from my room.

“Emery what are you doing at my house? How do even know where I live?” I question. It was a little weird that he knows my number and where I live.

“Stop asking questions and let me in.” Emery says.

“Um, how ‘bout no. My mom and Miles are going to be home soon and plus, I don’t like you.” I respond, rejecting him.

“I don’t think your Mum is going to be a problem. Actually, I think she encourages me to hang around you. I’m a good influence.” Emery was so persistent. I clench my teeth. “Why are you here?”

“I want to talk…” He trailed off. Annoying me even more.

“About what?” I ask rudely.

“Stuff.” Was Emery’s answer. I roll my eyes vigorously.

“Fine, I’ll let you in, jerk.” I say then I run down the stairs and open the front door. Emery is just standing there smiling. Jerk.

“What do you want to talk about?” I say through my clench teeth. They start ache.

Emery just walks into my house like he freaking owns the place. He smiles wider and then looks back at me.

“Let’s talk, my love.” Emery says. There he goes with the whole ‘my love’ thing again. Seriously, British people, seriously. Couldn’t they have come up with another phrase?

“My name is Athena, so call me Athena.” Emery just rolls his eyes.

“Whatever, come on.” He says than grabs my arm, pulling it towards the stairs.

“Emery! What are you doing? You can’t just grab me and start pulling me around!” I almost yell. Emery just rolls his eyes again and sighs.

“I want to talk in private and I can’t do that if your mom and your brother is home, obviously.” Emery says as if it was the easiest thing in the world to understand. And as if on cue, the front door opens and in came mom and Miles. Awesome.

When mom saw me, or more like Emery and I, she smiles widely. Miles just glares at both of us. “Hey Emery! I’m glad you’re here! I haven’t seen you in a couple days. What brings you here?” My mom brightens. Wow mom, why don’t you just marry him. She didn’t even look mad like most parents would if their daughter had a teenage boy in her house alone.

Emery smiles at her happiness. “Athena and I were just about to go up to her room and study.” Emery says. Pulling me closer to the stairs.

“Oh great! You guys go ahead, I’ll make snacks!” She beams gleefully. Emery nods and then proceeds to drag me upstairs. I didn’t fight him, it was no use. He was stronger than me. I learned this lesson last time Emery was in my house.