Chapter Fourteen

Edited <3

Chapter Fourteen

After I scream Kyle and Jesse came running into the closet.

"What's wrong Athena? Why are you screaming?" Kyle asks worriedly as he rushes over to me.

"T-the....w-wall." Was all I manage to get out before I fell backwards. I brace myself to hit the carpeted floor, but something--or more like someone caught me.

"Athena, it's okay. Calm down. I'm not going to let him take you. You're going to be with me, you're safe." Jesse murmured these things in my ear from behind where he still held me. It calmed me down immensely. I felt safe on his arms.

"Okay, someone needs to tell me what the hell is going on here because I am pretty sure that that writing was not there five minutes ago when I was in here!" Kyle yells at us.

"Dude, just calm down. We will explain later." Jesse says. He lifts me up bridal style and carries me to my bed. He brushes the hair out of my face and got back up from the bed to go in the closet.

"Kyle, can you just pick up the dead cat and bury it somewhere. I think that we have had enough excitement for one night. I'll just scrub the blood up." In a time of need Jesse was always there to give instructions.

I get up from the bed and start walking towards the closet. I hate being helpless. "I'll help you." I offer to Jesse. He looks at me with disagreement.

"No, you are going to lie down. You've been through enough today, Athena. I think it's your turn for a break." He looks at me sincerely.

"No I'm not." I say back. I walk over to where Kyle dropped the cleaning supplies and pick up a brush and some cleaner. I clean the blood stain that was under the cat away. It was a good thing that I had dark carpet.

"You are the most stubbornness person I have ever met." Jesse says laughing.

"Well I want the job done quickly so I don't have to smell this horrible smell of death again." I tell him.

"I love it that you're so determined. You sure don't take crap from anyone do you?" Jesse asks.

"Haven't your already figured out that I don't like to be bossed around? Haven't you noticed that in the five days you've known me?" A question answering a question. I was sounding more like my therapist

He just shakes his head and smiles. "Even though this demon thing is stalking you, you still smile like nothing is wrong. How do you do it?" How do I do it? To be honest, I'm not sure how I do it.

"I don't know. I just don't think about it." I replied. Things were easier if they weren't thought about. That's how I got through life. How I got through losing my friends. How I got through losing my dad. It was my motto.

"I wish I was as strong as you." Jesse says quietly. It was so intimate. It seemed like the air around us changes. That after the almost kiss thing we've became closer. It was weird. I'm not sure I like it yet. I never had been close to someone before like with Jesse. I was starting to sound like one of those whiney girls in the romance novels. I was starting to sound like someone who was in love.

But I'm not. I can never love or no one can ever love me. I was just too weird. I was a freak.

"You don’t wish you were anything like me. I’m no good.” I whisper. I was saying it to myself, so I could get back to reality.

I hear my door open and saw Kyle with a disgusted expression on his face.

“Okay guys the cat is now buried and gone. Athena you owe me so much explaining. Can you tell me what is going on now?” Kyle asks. It’s about time we tell him. The last of the blood was almost all off my wall. The smell was getting better now that it was all off.