Chapter Twenty Eight

Last chapter den it's da epilogue! Woop Woop!!! Writing Don't Be Afraid has been so fun but at the same time annoying. But I'm going to cry because I feel like it's my baby and my baby has just grown up and is leaving the warmth of my motherly wing and into the cruelness of college.

Okay, maybe I've gotten into this story a little too much.

Chapter Twenty Eight

“So you’ve finally realized it.” A deep voice booms, waking me up. I open my eyes and get up from the nice tile floor. I take a look at my surroundings. This room, this room is the same room I came into in my first day in Hell. I look down at my attire and see that I’m wearing sweatpants and a T-shirt, just like what I was wearing at the convent. I feel different, my other times in Hell I felt barely anything, if nothing at all. It felt nice.

But now I feel like crap. My head’s still pounding and my throat’s still sore. I look ahead of me and see the man I hate most.

Lucifer. He carries an angry expression but tries to cover it with a smirk. He looks like royalty sitting in his big throne with a staff like object in his hand. He looks at me like I’m a bug on the bottom of his shoe. I inhale the stale air out of fear of the thing before me.

“You finally realized everything that I’d built up you have destroyed!” He yells. I hold back a flinch. He gets from the throne and takes a step down from the platform steps.

“You destroyed everything! You’ve turned one of my own kind against me!” He grips the staff tighter and takes another angry step.

“Jemrikaja was executed because of your recklessness! Do you know the price I have paid just to have your soul, you ungrateful bitch?” He steps closer and closer until he’s only about ten feet away from me.

“The dreams, the drawings, the multiplication of objects! All for you! But you had to screw it up with that boy who dares to call himself a chosen one! I’ve killed that feline for you! I’m the one who tried to communicate through your radio! The one who called you to warn you! The one who altered your sense of reality! The one who put you in the Mental Institute! Why do you think that you’ve felt depression when you saw the dead? That was all ME!

“I’m the one made sure you got sick enough so that you could get out of the awful convent! So that I could have you with me for real instead of dragging you here in your dreams! I can’t touch you on holy grounds, but now you’re mine. Why can’t you just be damn grateful that I did all this for YOU?!” His yells get louder and he gets closer to me.

“I can’t believe that you tricked Jemrikaja into giving you information about full powers! You’re soul better be damn worth my while!” He’s now inches away from me, towering me. He grabs my face and squeezes it hard. He’s suddenly thrown back and he falls to the floor with a hard thud. He swears and gets back up.

“And now you have those Objects of Gabriel! All of this ruined because of you and that stupid boy!” He grips his staff and hits the ground hard with it. The ground rumbles and I fall to the floor. I close my eyes and hope that this is just a dream.

Two girls—or more like a woman and a girl—burst into the room and bow down before their father. Those girls…they look so familiar. One with orange hair and one with graying brown hair. Then it hit me—Cindy and Ms. Lane! This is starting to get ridiculous; who isn’t a demon?

“Chain her up; we’re going to begin the ritual soon.” He says with new found calmness. The girls pick me up and walk me out of the room. I’m too stunned to move so I don’t fight back.

What ritual!? I scream in my head. Cindy and Ms. Lane carry me to a small room filled with hundreds of candles.

“I’d say I’m sorry but then I’ll be lying.” Ms. Lane says briskly.