"Any friend of Shinichiro's is a friend of ours."

Around nine thirty, it was time to finally return home and leave the Shiba household. This time, Yuzuha did not insist on guiding me home this time.

Of course, I hugged my friend and told her that I had a great time with her and that the presentation would be fire.

And it was true, as I left her house -without stumbling upon another brother of hers this time-, I was in a rather good mood. I had a lot of fun with Yuzuha and I felt like we had grown even closer this time. It was nice spending time in her house and I promised her that once my dad was not running a fever anymore, I would also invite her over.

I walked by myself quietly, looking down on the ground as I did, lost in my own thoughts as I passed by some flickering street lights. It was not too late, yet today- or tonight seemed a bit darker and quieter than usual.

My mind was stuck back in those scary angry eyes looking at me in the kitchen.

Taiju Shiba was a really mysterious and cold person.

Not like I knew him personally, but I just got these vibes from him, the way he behaved, spoke and looked at me...

I was worried for Yuzuha. And I was worried for her younger brother, too.

Was Taiju scaring and hurting them? It seemed too crazy for everything to be simply a coincidence. The injuries on both the two younger Shiba siblings and the fear and worry of Yuzuha over doing something so simple that her brother disapproved of, such as doing things too late than allowed or forgetting to do things or disturbing him...

But I could not just ask her like that. Or at least, not yet.

I just cared about her. Was she really dealing with problems a lot more than she showed? I was sure that she was keeping things away and just pretending that it was fine. As if she was not scared of her own brother and as if she would occasionally injure herself by accidents, such as falling down, tripping, getting scratched by a cat and what not.

"Hey, girlie."

I paused for a second and turned to my side. On a dark alley, there were three rather big looking guys staring at me, two of them grinning, cigarettes on their lips and fingers.

Oh, just great.

"What are you doing out here all alone? It's dangerous for a girl like you. Why don't you hang out with us? Come over, don't be shy. We don't bite." A dude with blonde hair grinned at me with a few scars on his face and hands as he motioned me to come over his other dark haired 'friends' with buzz cuts looking at me like hawks, smoking their cigarettes.

".... no, thanks." I mumbled and turned my head on my way and kept walking, just a bit quicker than previously, a poker face on as I silently prayed that these idiots would not cause any trouble or keep bothering me.

I felt my anxiety piling in the moment I heard footsteps approaching me and next thing I knew, the blonde guy was already walking on my left, while the other two got close to me on my right.

I bit my lower lip slightly and refrained from making eye-contact with them.

"Hey, it's rude to ignore us kind gentlemen like that." The blonde guy said, making one of his guys snicker at his comment.