"It's called 'discipline and punishment'."

The tutoring lessons with Kisaki had helped me immensely with my studying and understanding of math.

I could feel myself feeling a lot more comfortable after each lesson. Kisaki was a great instructor and I noticed how my grades started improving with each test.

After the day I brought Kisaki over to my house for the first time to study together, we had actually decided to have more of our lessons at my house and we had both willingly agreed to add a few more extra lessons than the ones our teacher told us, just for some revisions.

Though one specific day, we ended up arranging one lesson in the nearby library -this time it was not occupied by deliquents or weirdos-.

Of course, nothing eventful happened, considering how we just had a lesson together. But still, even though Kisaki and I were not really.... friends, we both had gotten a bit more comfortable with each other and the awkwardness had kind of died down. Well, kind of. But it was still an improvement.

After finishing the lesson, of course the two of us said bye to each other and parted ways to go home.

Now... Whenever I walked outside, I would tend to avoid looking at the people and groups around hanging out in an attempt to avoid awkward eye-contacts.

But I could clearly tell something was wrong when I saw four kids around my age circling someone.... or actually, something... I squinted my eyes and stared from a distance and my eyes widened when I saw a terrified kitten cowering and hissing in fear, as the four kids were around it, scaring it and making some movements around it to hit it.

My heart started beating rapidly from fear, worry and anger and I froze for a second, my eyes opened wide. The boys were laughing and intimidating the poor creature and making a lot of noise around it.

I had enough the moment one of them pushed the kitten backwards with his foot, making it fall and hiss.

"HEY!!" I yelled out angrily and started walking towards them angrily, making them all stare at me. "What the hell are you doing?!" I yelled out angrily, pointing at them.

What I was doing was very dangerous. I was unarmed and I was going against four other dudes, which meant that if they ever tried to do anything to me, I would be outnumbered.

"What the hell do you want, bitch?!" One boy with glasses yelled at me, looking annoyed, giving the tiny black kitten the chance to run away the moment they lost their focus on it.

The moment they saw that happen, they groaned in frustration and glared angrily at me, as if it was my fault and I was such a terrible person for ruining their 'fun'. "You can't be serious!" I yelled at them, "What the hell were you doing to the poor animal?! Have you-"

Next thing I know I felt a strong pain hit my face, knocking me down. I remained on the ground, holding my pained nose, my eyes teared up as my vision was a bit blurry as I kept staring at the ground.

It wasn't until I noticed a few droplets of dark blood falling down my nose down to the ground when I realized that I had been punched.

I had already taken self-defence classes and I knew some basics of how to fight after taking some lessons at the dojo -although I had dropped the lessons and never used them in a serious situation in real life and just used my skills to fool around with Mikey, Baji and Emma, but I had let my irritation blind me to the point where I did not keep my guard up. This was something I should have been prepared for.