"She's the chosen one."

One of the sounds I had missed a lot was the sound of the doorbell ringing.

For a second, I just re-processed the sound of it, sitting comfortably on the couch by myself, dragging my gaze away from the television towards the door. Even something as simple as a doorbell was enough to bring me nostalgia. I had terribly missed the sound.

I quickly got up, almost stumbling a bit in process due to my hurried footing and ran towards the door, my heartbeat slightly accelerating, not knowing who to expect.

I twisted the handle and opened the door- "Yo H/n, I'm pretty sure I forgot my controller in your room last ni-" The boy in front of my was scratching his shirt through his black t-shirt. His deep voice was interrupted the moment his brown eyes locked against mine and he froze completely, he quite possibly had stopped breathing for a moment, too.

I grinned happily, staring at Baji from up close after four years. He had changed, but never to the point where I would not recognize him. Baji had gotten taller, he had gotten very handsome, although maybe just slightly less cuter than how I remember him to be. His voice had changed a lot, and his black hair was now long, past his shoulders, cascading down his face and sides in a slightly wave manner, shining.

"Hi, Baji." I said calmly, not getting enough of seeing him from up close again and staring at every single detail of him, as well as the multiple emotions in his face.

"...." His eyebrows and eyes were widened and he stared in shock. It was clear that I was the last person he had expected to see at that moment. His gaze travelled around my face, hair and everything, but mostly my eyes. "..." His surprised expression changed into a soft grin and then a wide smile.

"Holy shit, Y/n?!" The next thing I know, his strong arms wrapped around me and lifted me up, pulling me close before setting my down and ruffling my head with no mercy. "Fuck, where have you been?! You're changed, why the hell didn't tell me you're back, bastard?!"

I couldn't resist, I was laughing along with him, overjoyed to see my dear friend Baji again after four years. Despite everything, he seemed to have just the same amount of energy and craziness as he did in the past. "Baji, careful, hahaha!"

He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and brought me to his side, grinning with his devilish yet geniuenly happy face. "It's been such a long time, look at you, you look badass!" I laughed at his compliment, reddening. He called me badass for changing a bit. "What the fuck are we waiting for, c'mon! We got a lot to talk about!" Without spending any further time, he immediately started dragging me towards his motorcycle.

"Hahah, Baji wait- I need to get my shoes!"

"You don't need them, come on!"

Without giving me any other choice, he dragged me on the back his motorcycle, before mounting it and started accelerating the engine and the speed quickly. I held onto him tightly, laughing. In the end, his forgetful nature, or perhaps his intense happiness to see me again resulted in him not caring about the forgotten controller inside H/n's room anymore.

Plus, the loud voice of Baji and his roaring engine was enough to alert my brother and parents that Baji had already kidnapped me from the house, already taking me away.

-----------------------------------

The pigeons near our feet were all moving around, jumping and flying. Their feathered wings fluttered and produced soft sounds, as the few ones that had gathered near us were searching for the food scrambles Baji and I were feeding them. I stared at one single white and brown pigeon approaching, tilting its head curiously, before I proceeded to throw a few pieces of the remaining food I got towards it, the parts of it I did not find as tasty or the ones I could not bear to eat anymore.