"Are you going to forget about us?"

Little random fun fact: When I was writing Hanma's part, I was listening to "October Passed Me By" by 'girl in red' and I almost got a bit emotional 🥲

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I still don't understand why you're leaving." Baji pouted as he kicked a few rocks while the two of us were walking side by side, his hands in his pockets and his brown eyes glaring down softly. "We are all going to continue in the same schools and in the same city and country. Do you really have to move abroad for school? Why do you have to go?" He complained and looked at me.

"Well, I wish I could study here..." I sighed as I slowly licked my melting ice cream of my favorite flavor, before it could drip down and create a mess. "But for my own specific interests, I have to move to a new school, because we couldn't find a good school anywhere near us, and the ones that we found were unable to accept me." I said and nudged him with my elbow gently. "But hey, it's not like I will be staying there forever... I will come back." I said, trying to lighten the mood and see Baji's frown change into a happier one. ".... In four years."

Baji groaned, "What?! That's like- forever! We will be over fifty years old by then!" "Well actually, we're going to be around sixteen or eighteen or something by the time I come back-" I muttered quickly and cleared my throat.

To be honest, I was not too happy about this, either. For my own education path, I had to attend a new school abroad. For many stupid and confusing reasons, my parents could not sign me in any schools close around the country but after a lot of thinking and discussing, we agreed for me to move to a new school abroad for the next four years of my education. It was a very good school and after a lot of research, we all ended up thinking that it was going to be a good place for me to continue my studies and that I would get a lot of experience and knowledge by traveling to a new country, getting to live there and learn a new language, new cultures, people and more. I was very hyped yet anxious for the new experiences. We even found a nice couple that agreed to take me in their house and take care of me for the four years I would stay there.

I knew that I would miss my family and friends a lot, but my dads and brother promised that they would try their best to find time and come visit me, so this was a relief. But I was still sad that for the next years I would be seperated from my friends... I had gotten so used to hanging out with everyone here, it would be so weird to move to a new country away from everyone. Would I even make friends there? Would I fit in? Would it be fun? It would be fun right?

Both Baji and I were a bit quiet as we walked, and Baji looked at me. "Are you going to forget about us?"

I blinked with wide eyes. "Baji, no! How could I forget about you this easily?!" I laughed a bit and hugged him by his side. "Friends don't forget each other so easily! Four years is nothing. They will pass before we'll even notice!" I was trying very hard to be optimistic around my friends about this and help them feel better, cause they were all extremely sad when they heard that I wod move away for a few years. Emma cried, Mikey tried to convince my parents not to let me go away. Yuzuha was extremely sad too and even Shinichiro was sad. I swear at some point I could even hear him crying when he heard that while I was leaving his house. Apparently, Izana had been a bit busy so I hadn't gotten to see him in a while, so he most likely didn't know that I would leave. But Shinichiro and I had agreed that whenever we all found time, we'd hang out again.

But all my friends were so persistent on hanging out with me at once. We all wanted to create some wonderful memories and share nice games, drawings and more before I left, although we still had three months until I got to leave.