"Why do you keep hurting them?"

Yuzuha and I were finally going to have our first sleepover together.

After the two of us met up in her house to finish our presentation -in which we aced thanks to Yuzuha being a mastermind-, the two of us met a bit more often. I had invited her to my house once or twice and I was invited to hers, too.

My dads were really happy to have Yuzuha come over and they were really fond of her. She was surprised to see that I was being raised by two dads instead of a father and a mother since I had never mentioned my parents to her and she even met my brother for the first time. Of course, just like everyone else, she was shocked to see how identical the two of us were. Yuzuha and H/n had finally met for their first time up close and Yuzuha seemed to really like my family and the bond we all had with each other. She even admitted that she was a bit jealous of it and I felt terrible thinking about her situation. Her mother and father were absent and she was not raised in a happy environment, but we pushed these thoughts aside by having fun, eating snacks and watching movies.

I had also visited her house a few times, too. Not for homework, this time. Of course, this game me the chance to see a bit more of Hakkai and even Taiju. Hakkai mostly shyed away in his room and Taiju... was doing his own things and mostly stayed away from us, but would occasionally check on us, just passing by, causing Yuzuha and I to stiffen and quiet down each time, expecting a scolding or something... But he would just glare at us for no reason, as if warning us about whatever rules I wasn't really aware of before leaving. Other than that, the two of us had fun and it seemed that both her brothers were tolerant over my presence in the house.

Yuzuha and I were watching a comedy movie in the living room, both sitting next to each other, legs crossed. We picked a movie that contained a lot of cringy and cliche romance scenes between the main character and his love interest, and we would find ourselves laughing and actually enjoying the movie.

We both got startled when we heard the sound of something breaking, out eyes widening and you smiles dropping as we looked over to the cause of the sound.

On the ground of a table a bit further from us were the pieces of a now broken pearly white and golden vase with flowers, now all over the floor. Upon staring at the shattered pieces all over the ground, my eyes followed the figure from his feet to his face, seeing the culprit of the accident, a terrified Hakkai, his blue eyes widened in pure fear, trembling and his lips parted.

There was pure silence for a moment, even the sound of the movie dying down and falling deaf upon our ears as we three remained frozen like that.

thud thud thud thud THUD THUD THUDTHUDTHUDTHUD--

The silence was interrupted by a pair of angry, thunderous steps coming closer and closer.

I felt my heart speed up in fear, worry and anxiety, while Yuzuha and Hakkai seemed even more terrified than I was, making me worry even harder.

"What is the meaning of this?!" We all flinched in fear at the angry voice of Taiju who was now standing in the living room, staring at all three of us with raging golden eyes, eyebrow twitching in pure irritation and a vein popping around his forehead, a deep scowl on his face. I noticed him tightening his fists.

His eyes looked down at the broken vase on the ground, making the black haired boy go even more berserk. His dangerous eyes glared at Hakkai. "Did you do this, Hakkai....?" He asked in a low tone, ready to snap. Hakkai was trembling in pure fear and growing teary, whimpering in fear, frozen on the spot.