"I stole snacks... and cigarettes."

It was a rather gloomy and boring day. The school day was taking forever to end and right after I had these extra lessons with Kisaki, that were also passing by just as slowly and painfully. Kisaki was doing a great job at helping me understand things in math I never knew I could get, but that didn't make the lesson fun or enjoyable for me. I already knew that a lesson is not actually meant to be what you would call 'fun', let alone when it came to mathematics, but.. Kisaki was just an overly quiet and serious person. Not like I minded his personality or anything, but the day was already extemely boring and slow, I only felt the need to lay down and sleep.

It had been a few days after the sleepover at Yuzuha's house. The sleepover only left me feeling more drained and worried.

That night, after comforting Hakkai, who had not muttered a single word to me, I wished him goodnight and went back to Yuzuha's room and cuddled close to her and finally managed to sleep, thankfully not coming across Taiju again. The following morning it was rather silent and a bit awkward and the mood was down, after all, both Yuzuha woke up with tired, slightly puffy eyes from the crying of last night and the entire tension of the situation and it was not what you would call 'fun'.. But at least I managed to help Yuzuha lighten up a bit when she woke up and saw me next to her.

I stayed in their house for the next few hours during the morning and even ate breakfast together and... It was really silent and awkward. Hakkai was still silent as always and Taiju.... Well, whenever he did pass our way, he either glared at us -mostly me- or just kept his cold frown and ignored me completely. He barely spoke, and when he did, he would give some kind of 'commands' to his siblings, like tell Yuzuha or Hakkai to do some kind of laundry or run whatever kind of 'errant' for Taiju despite me being there... And of course when I had to leave, I told goodbye to Yuzuha and hugged her, promising to see her at school and spend more time together and gave Hakkai a small goodbye wave. Taiju did not even acknowledge me leaving.

Taiju seemed to not appreciate my presence much around the house, especially when I 'appeared in his way' before he could apparently... punish his siblings.

I was incredibly shocked how he had not kicked me out of the house despite everything. I had expected him to grab me and throw me outside at some point, or tell me to leave and never come back whatever, or even expected a sudden punch or hit from him... But nothing.

It was not even him who told me to leave their house, I had to take the initiative to leave and return home to continue my studies. So that was surprising to me..

Of course when I went back home, I was met with the usual questions 'How was your sleepover' 'Did you have fun with Yuzuha' and questions about her family.

I was incredibly close to telling my dads about Yuzuha's family situation... But after remembering her words and her begging me not to tell anyone, I couldn't bring myself to say anything and just bit my lower lip and lied, saying everything went well and threw whatever lie I could find to please them.

"Y/n, are you listening..?"

I blinked and looked at Kisaki next to me, pointing at my mistake with his pen and staring at me. "I-uh.... Yeah, yeah..." I stuttered, as if I was not daydreaming for the third time during our lesson that day.

"..." Kisaki stared at me before he let out an exhale and closed his eyes, adjusting his glasses as he clearly did not believe me and clearly knew that I was in fact, not listening to him.