"They're doing alright. They have a lot of friends to rely on."

Character Ages: 16/17/18

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There were no words to describe the emotions I was experiencing at that moment.

I was hit by the hot weather of July the moment I got off the airplane and stared around the area.

I took a moment to myself to close my eyes and face upwards, letting the warm sunrays of Japan hit my face as I breathed the scent of the atmosphere. I took a deep inhale through my nostrils and gently exhaled through my nostrils.

It felt so weird being back.

I could barely comprehend the fact that I was back. Back in the country I was raised in with my fathers, H/n and all my friends.

I was feeling so much thrill, excitement and anxiousness as I was heading towards the airport, where my dads and H/n would find me there and we would retrieve my luggage and finally go home, in a place I hadn't been in four years.

Fours years had passed.... I would not necessarily say in the blink of the eye, yet at the same time, maybe it felt right to say that.

I was hit with the nostalgia of the day I left Japan to move away for the next four years for my studies. That day almost felt like yesterday. I met many people during those four years of studying abroad, I made some good friends that I was sad to leave along the way. I would also miss the married couple taking care of me all this time and the city I lived in. I had a good time there and I learned so many things.

Although I would miss them all a lot.... I had to admit that I felt mostly happy to be back in Japan. After all, no matter the beautiful places I went to and the wonderful people I met, I knew where my heart belonged.

Here, with everyone. Where I grew up and the people I grew up with.

I was back. No matter how many times I'd repeat this over and over again, it was impossible for me to completely comprehend it.

These four years passed after such a long time, at last. I was back. I'd finally go back to my house. I would see my parents again, my brother and my friends, too.

It had been four years since I last had seen my friends. I couldn't say the same about my parents and twin brother, because during these four years, they did manage to visit me... Maybe two or three times during the first two years, but either way, I did get to see them a bit. It was better than nothing.

Keeping in touch with everyone over the phone was nice, but nothing could ever beat seeing each other face to face and hanging out. I could only imagine how much my friends had changed.

It was crazy to think that I'd be seeing everyone again.

I could just picture the moment of seeing them up close. I could but at the same time could not imagine my friends looking different than the last time I saw them. How much have they all grown? They sure got taller - are they taller than me? Did they get new haircuts, piercings? Did they change anything in particular regarding their style?

Did they change as people? Are they more or less mature? Maybe more or less adventurous, childish, energetic....?

My brother and parents agreed to surprise everyone. None of us informed anyone about my arrival today, so I was excited to see everybody's surprised faces to see me when they'd least expect it. I just hoped I wouldn't see any crying faces, even from happiness. I wanted to see them all cheerful, just as happy as I would be to see them again.