Chapter 1 - Moving in

Elizabeth's Pov:
"Mouse, are you sure it's okay for me to come live with you?" I asked as we watched the movers put everything in the guest bedroom of Mouse' apartment. I didn't want Mouse to be upset seeing me every day as I looked just like mom.

"Yes, of course it's okay sis, it's for the best, and I know this is what mom would want." Mouse said. I fake smiled, holding back the tears. Mom passed from stage 3 cancer. She didn't suffer and passed quickly.

I'm only 16 years old, and can't live on my own. So Mouse says it's best for me to move in with him. Which I'm not mad about. 

~~~~

After the movers finished moving in the furniture, I started unpacking my boxes. I lived in Queensland with mom and dad. Dad was abusive, and once he found out mom was diagnosed with cancer, he left. Mouse said it would be better if I came and lived with him rather than my abusive father, who was who knows where.

I unpacked a photo of mom, Mouse, and I. I sat on my bed as a tear dripped down my face, hitting the wooden frame.
Mouse came and sat next to me. He didn't say anything, just hugged me. I felt safe in his arms. We sat there for what felt like forever before Mouse broke the silence. "Are you hungry? We can order some pizza if you'd like." He asked me.

"I guess." I replied apathetic.

Mouse sighed. "Come on! Cheer up. Mom is in a better place now, and we have lots of activities and adventures to go on to show mom proud!" He stated, trying to hype me up.

I smiled. Real this time, remembering how much mom loved to have fun and hated people being sad.

I finished unpacking as the doorbell rang. "Pizzas here, Lizzy!" Mouse yelled. He always called me Lizzy. It was his nickname for me.

~~~

Mouse's Pov:

"I'm stuffed." I said as we downed 2 large pizzas and a whole bottle of Coke. Elizabeth snickered.

"Me too, that was not a good idea." She said as we both burst out laughing.

"Since you are going to live here from now on, I was wondering if you'd like to come to work with me tomorrow to meet the boys?" I asked as I knew she's always wanted to see what I did for a day of work.

"Really! You really mean it?!" She said with a huge grin plastered on her face.

"Of course I do! I'm sure they'd love to meet you!" She nodded quickly and jumped up and down.
"I take that as a yes?" I laughed.

~~~~

We sat on the couch, ignoring the rest of the boxes we had to unpack as I also just moved in a few weeks ago from a smaller (much) apartment.

"Could we watch a movie together?" She spoke up, drowsy as we were both tired from a long day.

We scrolled through Netflix trying to find a movie as we settled on Mean Girls, one of Elizabeth's favorite movies. About half way through the movie, Elizabeth fell asleep cuddled up to me. I took a photo and posted on instagram captioned, "Long day for this one."

Immediately after, I got comments on the post.

"How cute!!" - Emily Carrol

"Cutest little family award goes to :)" -Tullie Zimmerman

"She's adorable. I hope to meet her soon." - Lifeguardhoppoofficial

I smiled at all the comments and turned off the TV as I slowly drifted asleep.

~~~~

2:37 am

"AHHHHHHHH," Elizabeth cried. I jumped up with fright.

"Bad dream?" I ask

She nodded as she sobbed. "I had a dream Dad found us and started beating us up." She managed to get out in between sobs.

"Shh.. shhh, it's okay, just breath. It was just a dream." I soothed, wiping away, her tears and hugging her.

She cuddled me to sleep, tear streaks dried on her face. Elizabeth still gets nightmares about what happened with dad, even though that was 9 months ago. I scooped her up bridal style and placed her on her bad. She groaned, rolling over onto her side.

I smiled.

Hey guys! First chapter, I hope you guys like it! Sorry, it's short. The others should be longer :) Don't forget to star!
-Mads <3