Chaper 18 - Bud Light

I walked down to the bus stop in the morning. Walking down the street, I see all my friends. Oliver isn't on my bus because he's in a different neighborhood.

It's 8am in the morning and already warm. I was not excited about school today. I usually only get through school by remembering I can go to the beach afterward. But not today. Ugh.

"Hey girl! Why do you seem so upset?" Emma asks.

"Hey Em, I'm grounded. I got my phone taken away too, and I can't hang out with friends or go to the beach for 2 weeks." I reply.

"What! Why? That's terrible." She says as we wait for the bus.

I whispered in her ear that I snuck out last night so the other kids don't hear.

"Lizzy! Why?! It was that Oliver boy wasn't it." She clicks her tounge.

"Why does everyone say that? He's a good kid, and I love him." I say back.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. I'm warning you, sis. That boy is not it." She says back.

We get onto the bus. I'm tired of people saying Oliver isn't a good kid. He is, and I love him, and no one can change my mind.

"Hey Chase." I say, taking a seat next to him.

"Hey! You're not answering my messages. Is everything okay?" He asks, moving his bag on his lap so I can sit down.

"Let's just say your girl isn't a vìrgiñ anymore, and my brother was not happy." I explain. Chase and I are close, and I didn't mind telling him.

"Really? With Oliver too?" He says.

"Aren't you guys friends? That's how I met you, through him." I say back. Another person saying he's not good.

"Not really anymore. I don't know. He started not being too nice to Kaylee and I, so I didn't really want him around anymore. But I'm sure he's good to you!" He says.

I'm pretty mad now. I turn my head. I don't like people talking about my boyfriend like that.

~~~~~~~~

At lunchtime, my friends and I make our way outside to each our lunch. It was a nice day, and our teachers gave permission. It was Emma, Julia and I.

We sat down with our trays from the lynch line. School lunch on a Tuesday is not good, but it's all that they and so we accepted it.

My friends and I laugh along with jokes and phrases they come up with when I look over and see Oliver's curly hair. He is standing with a few friends on the side of the school, I'm assuming eating lunch. He was laughing and making jokes, too.

I wasn't sure whether to bother him or not, since he had previously told me not to bother him while at school. But this was lunchtime, so I thought it was okay.

"I'll be right back, girls. I'm gonna go see Oliver." I say and leave our table.

I ran up behind him and put my hands on his eyes. "Guess who!" I say, smiling.

"Mom?" He says.

"Mom? Why would I be your mom?" I laugh. He laughs with me and pulls me into him with his arm around me.

"This is my girlfriend, Elizabeth guys. Elizabeth, this is Logan and Paul." He says point to his friends I wave.

"Wow, you were right. She is hot." Logan says, looking me up and down.

I laugh. "Oh shut it." I say. "What are you guys doing?" I say as they were being a bit suspicious.

"Are you gonna tell her, or am I?" Paul says.