Chapter 25 - Happy Birthday

Two weeks have passed since Chase got his lifegaurding job, and I've only gone to visit him once.

He's doing very well, and he fits in nicely. He does amazing over there, and he has lots of muscles.

Today was Oliver's 18th birthday as well. I've been shopping and got him a few gifts. We told each other that we don't need to get each other a bunch of gifts, so I only got him a couple.

We didn't have much planned since he didn't want to do too much. I made him a cake and hid it so he wouldn't see it, and while he's out, I'm wrapping his gifts.

A little while goes by, and Oliver walks through the front door. "Hey babe." I say.

"Hey."

"Guess what today is?"

"Hmm.. is it someone's birthday?" He asks. I laugh.

"Yours silly!"

"I know!"

"Wellll, we don't have much planned, so do you want to go down to Bronte for a surf?" I ask him.

"Uh. Not really, if that's okay. Someone asked me to go to their house and work on his cars for him."

"Oh. Sure." I say.

Really? Again? We can't even spend time on his birthday because of his stupid friends.  I feel sad again. I'm sick of feeling sad all the time.

I thought while Oliver was gone, I would ask Chase if he wanted to go surfing with me while Oliver was away. He said yes, so I went to take a shower.

I put on my favorite black bikini, with a white lace cover-up and Jean shorts, but hair in two French plaits and some waterproof mascara and bondi zinc.

Oliver took the car, so I decided I would walk. It was a super hot day today, so we decided we would go to Bronte so it wouldn't be as packed.

I got to Bronte and found Chase. No one was with him. I thought his sister was going, but she must have been able to.

I go to the beach a lot but I kind of live there. My brother works there, and I've grown up there my whole life. Living so close to the beach, it really makes it easy to go every day. I mean, who doesn't love the beach, and who wouldn't want to go every day? I would!

"Hey Chase!" I tell him sitting on the scorching hot sand.

"Oh, hey Elizabeth!" He says.

"It's nice to get back together. Sorry we haven't hung out in a while, I've been busy with Oliver." I tell him

"Nah, it's cool. I've been pretty busy, too. You say it's Oliver's birthday today?"

"Yeah.. he's out with a friend right now. I was kind of upset, but it's whatever. I'd love to spend more time with him, but it's up to him." I say, playing with the sand.

"Hmm. Do you think there's any chance he could be cheating on you? I don't want to come to any conclusions, but the way he's been spending a lot of time out and never at home anymore. It's kind of weird, don't you think?"

"What! Oliver? Cheat on me? Pfft! Well. I mean, I suppose it's possible there's a chance. But Oliver would never do that to me." I tell him, and he just nods slightly.

We go into the water with our surfboards to go for a surf. The surf wasn't big today. Maybe 3 or 4 feet. But anything was better to get out of this heat.

"Woah, the water feels so good." Chase says. I laugh in agreement.

We catch a few waves together, goofing around and creating new poses. Chase did a few headstones, which was way out of my ability.

I head back onto the sand and flop my board down, and lay on top of it, exhausted. Chase was still out in the water. I watched him for a while. I giggled everytome he would do a silly pose or fall off his board.

I took my attention off Chase and looked around the beautiful Bronte beach. I saw all the cute couples and parent with their kids.

I saw a pair of 2. The boy looked very similar to Oliver. I looked at the girl, and she was a blonde. She had freckles, but too short to be his sister.

I looked closer at the boy. Was it Oliver? I started to feel sick. Oliver wouldn't cheat on me. He loves me. I looked closer and decided it wasn't him. I wasn't 100% sure, so I'd ask him when he got home. 

~~~~~~

I got home a bit later and decoded to take a shower. I couldn't stop thinking about Oliver, and if that was him with another girl. I hate when my thoughts take over.

After I got out of the shower, it was around 7 pm now. I was still waiting for Oliver to come home.

I took off my hair towel and flipped my head upside to towel dry it. I heard a noise coming from the kitchen. I thought maybe it was the cat.

I went back to putting serum in my hair, humming along to my favorite song when I heard the noise again.

I turned around and slowly opened the door. Nothing. I looked in the kitchen, and nothing was there. I turned back around.

"BOO" Oliver screams.

"AHHH! OLIVER BENNET!" I yell at him and hit him playfully.

He laughs, and I laugh, too. "You scared me! I thought there was an intruder!"

"Yeah, that's the point." He starts tickling me. I laugh and run from him into the bathroom and shut the door.

He opens it and growls playfully. I scream and blow him with the hairdryer. He just laughs and kisses me.

I shoo him away so I can get ready and give him his birthday gifts. After getting ready, I walk into the bedroom and open the wardrobe, and take out his gifts.

"No peeking," I yell into the living room where he is sitting with his hands on his eyes.

I walk into the living room and put his first gift into his hand. "Okay, open." I tell him. He opens his eyes.

"Babe! I love it. I've always wanted a box wrapped in wrapping paper!" He yells. I laugh.

He opens it and reads the top of the box. He furrows his brows in confusion.

"Just open it!"

He opens the actual box that the gift is in. It's a necklace I got for him. It's sterling silver with a heart pendant on it.

"Babe. It's beautiful. I love it." He says.

"That's not all. Open the heart!" I instruct.

He opens the pendant, and his jaw drops. It's a picture of him and I at the beach. There's a little magnifying glass on the heart, and when you put your eye to it, it has a love letter I wrote for him.

He puts it on and stands up to hug me. "I love it, babe." I smile knowing this is one of his good days.