Chapter 9 - Late

"23 Stanley Street. It's only a 10 minute walk from here." I say. Mouse and I sit at the table, finishing up breakfast.

(Btw, that's obv not his real address, but I don't know it, so I'm making it up 😆)

"Whats his name again?" Mouse says. I roll my eyes.

"Chase. I don't know his last name. I'll find out later." I say a bit annoyed at all the questions.

"And you'll be back at exactly 4 pm?" He says, tilting his ead down and raising his eyebrows.

"Oh my Gosh! Yes, Mouse! I'll call in case plans change. Geez. Can't even live around here." I throw my arms up in the air.

"Yeah, yeah, okay! I just wanted to make sure." He puts his arms up in defense.

~~~~~
Deciding on what to wear today, I dig through my drawers and closet. I put on ripped denim shorts, a loose white singlet and sandals. I then throw my hair up in a messy bun and put minimal makeup on, which consists of tinted moisturizer, concealer, blush, and mascara.

I packed my bag with school supplies and extra makeup, and the doorbell rings. Chase was at the door, with a girl by his side and an older boy in the car.

"Hey Chase. Let me go tell Michael I'm leaving and I'll be out in a second!" I say. He smiles. God.

"Hi, I'm Elizabeth. Nice to meet you!" I say to the girl standing next to him. I assumed they were siblings. They looked so much alike.

"I'm Dendy! Nice to meet you, too." Her voice was a crispy, classic Australian with a mix of young teenage girl, which i suppose is what she is. She looked younger than me.

I walk back inside to find Mouse.

"Hey, Mouse, I'm leaving. I'll be back at 4." I say quickly so he doesn't stop to chat.

"Alright. See you then." He gives me a Don't get into trouble look.

I roll my eyes. "Okay, byeee love you!" I say.

I grab my bad and close the door.

"How's it going?" Chase says to me as we walk down the driveway.

"Good! Oh, and thanks for picking me up. I wasn't in the mood for walking anyway, haha." I say knowing Mouse would never drive me to a boys' house in the first place.

"No biggie. It felt rude having you walk 10 mins with a bag on your shoulder." We all laughed.

We get to his car, and he opens the door for me. I was a little shocked. I am capable of opening my own door. Although, it sounds as if he comes from a "proper" family.

The boy in the car looks a bit older than Chase turns around and shakes my hand.

"Hey. I'm Brooklyn, Chase's brother. Nice to meet you." He says.

Wow, his whole family is nice. Geez, I feel so impolite and underdressed, haha.

"Hi. I'm Elizabeth. Nice to meet you, too." I reply back, shaking his hand. Chase sits in the front with Brooklyn while Dendy and I sit in the back.

"Hey, I hope you don't mind if we stop at the petrol station for a second, we need to refill." Brooklyn says, looking at me through the rear view mirror.

"That's not a problem for me!" I say, smiling back.

A few minutes of awkward silence goes by before we reach the petrol station.

Chase goes into the store while Brooklyn fills the tank.

Dendy breaks the silence and speaks up. "So, come on. Spill." She says, turning her body to me with a cheeky smile on her face.