Chapter 13 - Hug and Make Up

The next morning was a drowsy and rainy day. Great. I rolled over and placed my hand on my phone. Do I text Oiver back? What should I say?

I checked my phone.

1 message from Oliver

Oliver: Heyyy you any better? Hopefully, we can hang out this weekend.

I didn't know what to say so I put my phone away again. I felt bad, but I needed to have a day to myself and think about yesterday and Chase and focus on getting better.

I hear knocking on my door. I sigh. I really didn't want human interaction  today.

"Come in." I say anyways.

It's not like I can forbid Mouse from a room in his house that he bought.

"Good morning. How are you?" He asks.

"Fine." I reply in a monotone voice.

Mouse takes a seat on the side of my bed.

"You alright? You seem a bit down." He says.

"Yeah, I said I'm fine. I'm just not in a good mood today, and I want to be left alone. Thank you." I reply back.

"Okay, okay. Sorry." Mouse throws his hands up in the air and walks out, shutting my door.

All I felt that was right in that moment was to cry. I put my pillow on my face and sobbed. The thunder outside my window roared as I cried out all of my stress and emotions.

The rest of that day was spent in my bed staring at Oliver's messages and crying.

I knew I was being petty, but it wasn't my fault.

~~~~~~

5 have gone past without me talking to Oliver. Every day was the same, loud thunder, and sadness.

Mouse was out at work this evening, so it was just me left alone. I decided it was time to get my life together, so I started my fixing up my bed, by making it all comfy to come back to.

I cleaned up my room and began hoovering my floor while listening to music.

I dusted and did my laundry. I lay out comfy clothes and slippers. I turned on my fairy lights and lit a candle.

I love the feeling of everything being clean. It makes life seem a bit better and less depressive, especially during storms and hurricanes.

It was 4 pm, so I decided to go take a shower. The good kind of shower. I brought my Cinnamon sugar candle in the bathroom with me and got my sugar scrubs and face masks.

I found some shower steamers in my now clean closet, so I decided to bring them too.

I turned on the LED lights along the rim of the mirror in the bathroom and turned off the lights. If you've never showered with the lights off, I highly recommend it.

I stepped in the steamy shower and stood there for a good while. It felt so good to get clean after a week of not showering.

After injury depression is a real thing, okay?

I was a little frightened with the lights off while hoping I didn't get electrocuted by the lightning, but it was worth it.

After my refreshing shower, I towel dried my long brown hair and scrunched it up to get my waves back. I let it to air dry.

I put on comfy clothes (dang pictures on wattpad), which consist of grey linen pants and a comfy black and grey color block sweater and cow slippers.

I walked by to my room and switched on my TV. I can't explain the feeling of curling under a blanket in a clean room, with a clean body with the TV turned on and the main lights off.

It's the best feeling until the doorbell rings. Ugh. I checked my phone, and there were no texts from Mouse saying he was coming home, so it couldn't have been him.

Who would be here at 5 pm on a Thursday in the pouring rain?

I open the door slowly to see Oliver standing there.

"Oliver? What are you doing here!?" I ask.

"Elizabeth! Why aren't you answering my calls? I was so worried!" He says.

I felt so bad. I didn't realize it would scare him so much. I was scared. I was scared Mouse was gonna come home early because of the rain. But I shut up those thoughts to focus on Oliver.

"Oliver. I've just been really busy lately." I say solemly.

"Busy doing what? It's been pouring all week!" He says.

"I've just been laying around, but I've been like really depressed lately and haven't had the energy to answer calls. I'm sorry." I say.

I lied. Well, not really. But kinda. I guess it's more, withholding the truth. But still. I felt bad either way.

"I thought something bad happened! Don't scare me like that!" He says.

He pulls me into a hug. I hug him back. I love his hugs, but no matter how much I was with him, I still had the lingering question. "When will you kiss me?"

He let's go.

"Look. Oliver, I'm really sorry. I am. And when the rain lets up, I promise we will hang out again, okay?" I reassure him.

"Fine. But please, for the love, never do that again! I was sh**ting myself!" We both let out a laugh.

"I promise. And, if my brother wasn't coming home soon, I could let you in. But he doesn't know you, and he's a little overprotective. I'm working on it, I swear!" I laugh.

"Nah, it's okay. I gotta get back home anyway. My mom is taking me to the parking lot to get my L's so I can drive. I just wanted to check up on you." He says.

"Wait, that's so exciting! I can't wait until my brother lets me drive. Aka 400 years from now." I roll my eyes, and we laugh.

He pulls me in for a hug one last time before letting go and walking out the door.

I'm gonna have to get over him not kissing me last week before it ruins our friendship.

I watch him walk back to his car before driving away. I lie back in my bed and continue watching TV. I'm so glad Oliver and I made up.

Hey guys. Sorry, today was short, I just needed a filler for them to make up, so her birthday chapter works out! Star and comment if you want!

-Mads <33