Chapter 3 - Bra Boys

I tried to scream, but a hand was covering my mouth. I heard giggling and snickering from the other bra boys. I let a tear fall from my eyes before the adrenaline kicked in. I bit the guys hand and kicked him as hard as I could, you know where. He set me down in the alleyway as he doubled over in pain.

Before I could run, I felt myself getting pushed up against the rough brick alleyway wall. He had his hands around my neck. I felt helpless, scared, and angry. If I didn't walk off, this would've never happened, I thought to myself.

Before one of the other blokes pulled to rip off my pants, I heard yelling, "HEY! YOU GET OFF HER NOW!!" I turned my head to see Mouse and Jesse. I let out a sigh of relief as they turned to run off. Jesse grabbed the team 'leader' by his shirt.

"You get out of here. I will not ask you again. You mess with her, you mess with me. If I find you again, my mates and I will kick. your. fücking. arse, do you hear me?" Jesse said sternly. The gang nodded in fear and ran off.

I ran back up to Mouse and hugged him, sobbing my eyes out. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry I shouldn't have ran off like that, I promise I will never do it again!" I rambled.

"Hey, hey, it's alright. I'm so sorry I didn't let you go surfing with Jesse I was afraid of you drowning. I'm gonna let you go surfing with him tomorrow. Please forgive me." Mouse cried.

"I forgive you, Mouse I'm so freaking sorry, I can't even put it into words. I'm so scared they were gonna rape me!" I trembled at the thought of what they would do to me.

I ran up to Jesse and hugged him, he picked me up and I sobbed into his shirt. "Thank you so much Jess how could I ever pay you back?!" I cried.

"Hey, I will always stand up to you, I promise. Are you hurt? He sat me in the back seat of his car, so my legs hung out the door.

"No, I'm not, thanks to you guys. Can we go home now?" They nodded, and Jesse dropped us off at Mouse's apartment.

"It's late, you better get to bed." Mouse said. I nodded and got ready for bed, still shaking after what happened.

I got into bed, and Mouse tucked me in. I felt safe and comfortable at home.

"Goodnight, I'll see you in the morning!" Mouse smiled and began walking out. I stopped him.

"Mouse?" He stopped and turned around. "Could you stay here for the night? I'm really scared." I pleaded with puppy dog eyes. Mouse laughed and got into bed with me. I felt safe knowing I have a big brother to protect me. We turned to face each other as I set my alarm.

"Mouse. Thank you so much for saving me. It means so much." I say quietly in my dark room with the moonlight just peaking through the shades.

"Lizzy, you know I would do anything for you. I would never let you get hurt." He said, tucking a stray hair behind my ears.

"Goodnight Mouse, I love you." I say.

"Goodnight, Liz."

I turn over and softly close my eyes, drifting into a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~

I wake up in the morning, Mouse nowhere to be seen. The sunlight peaked through the curtains, and I squinted at the brightness. I stretched and yawned. I could hear the TV in the living room playing Home and Away. I walk out still groggy from my sleep. I see Mouse on the couch and Jesse sitting next to him.

"Oh hey Jesse!" I say happily. They turn their heads.

"Hey, kiddo! How'd you sleep?" Jesse says. "Pretty good. Anyways, why are you here?"

I say kind of confused. "Oh, I thought I'd come help unpack some of the boxes since we've both got the day off." He says.

I smile and go to the kitchen for some cereal. I grab the Coco puffs and pour some in my bowl. The loud TV hits my ears, and the sun blinds my eyes. I go to pour the milk to find that we're out. So dang frustrating. "DAMN it." I yell. "Out of milk again!" I say angrily.

"Oops, sorry mate, I forgot, I'll get some later." Mouse replies, and Jesse laughs. I sigh, and eat my cereal dry.

~~~
Later, we begin unpacking, going through all of Mouse's junk and my GoRgEoUs outfits and accessories. "Ughhh, this is so boring!" I cry. Mouse, just rolls his eyes and laughs.

"Hey, what's this?" Jesse asks, holding a green gemstone in the shape of the heart. I run over pushing Mouse in the process.

"OH MY GOODNESS WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?!" I say, grabbing the gemstone from Jesse.

"Uhhh... just in the bottom of the box there." He says, scratching the back of his neck.

"I've been looking for this everywhere! This is the gem mom gave me before she passed." I say. I put the gemstone in a special box on my dresser. I sigh happily and sit on my bed, sprawled like a starfish. I close my eyes before getting AGGRESSIVELY tickeld by my brother. I laugh and cry, rolling around. "Stop! Stop!" I laugh. Mouse just picks me up and throws me on the couch.

"Quit being lazy and help us unpack!" He says jokingly. They break down in laughter, and I roll my eyes.