Chapter 14 - 17 Years Old

2 months later

~~~~~~~~

It's been 2 months, and it's now August 14th, aka my birthday!! I'm turning 17 today. I feel like im getting so old, gosh.

Oliver and I have hung out every day since we made up. I really like him. He's funny, kind, and cute.

Chase and I have hung out a lot, too. I like him too, but I try not to feel for him because I like Oliver a lot more.

I'm not doing too much today, I don't think. I mean,we're definitely not having a party or anything like that. I'm probably just gonna spend the day with Mouse, the lifeguards, and later on a few friends.

My dream is to learn to drive. But I've accepted the fact that may be a while.

I was peacefully sleeping before I got woken up.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, dear Lizzy! Happy birthday to youuuu!"

I woke up with a fright. I turn around to see Mouse holding a stack of pancakes with a candle in them and Jesse next to him smiling.

"Come on! Get up! It's 8am, and we have a whole day planned ahead." Mouse says.

I groan and roll over. The boys just laugh.

"We expect you out here in 5!" Jesse yells as they walk out.

I dont like being woken up, but I smile to myself. It's my birthday. And I get to spend it with my favorite people.

I get up and make my bed. I put on my bathingsuit as I assume we're going swimming layer and put on ripped Jean shorts, with a singlet that has surfboards on it.

I run to my vanity and fix up my hair, and put in a little waterproof makeup. I open my curtains to expose the beautiful rays of the 8am sun.

I slowly open my door and peek out. I see Jesse and Mouse sitting at the table in our now birthday decorated house with streamers and balloons.

I sigh, laughing and walk out.

"Heeey guys. What's all this?" I ask, still giggling.

"We decorated! Don't you like it?" Mouse says as the streamers fall down.

We all burst out laughing.

"It's beautiful, guys, thank you." I say.

"Well, we have a lot planned today. First, you're gonna eat our amazingly cooked pancakes, then we're gonna go down to Bondi and go for a swim/surf. Then we come back here because we have a gift for you, then we eat cupcakes and ice cream, then you'll abandon us for your friends, then you come back home and we watch a movie." Mouse explains.

"Awww! I love you guys." I say, running up to both of them and throwing my arms around both of their shoulders.

I sit down at the table and stare at the pancakes. Mouse isn't that good at cooking, especially not pancakes or waffles, so I sit confused.

"Whats the matter?" Jesse asks.

"Nothing." I say, skeptical.

I slowly take a bite of the pancakes as the boys watch. They tasted pretty good. No. They tasted amazing. How?

"Wait. These are actually really good. How? Did you make these?" I ask.

"Well, of course! We are great chefs, you know!" Mouse says, bowing.

"Who made these?"

"We did, of course!" They respond.

I stare at them. I give them a look.