Chapter 22 - Secret

Elizabeth's POV:

I thanked Chase for coming by, and then he left. I didn't want Oliver to think I was cheating on him with his best friend.

I sat down on the couch and thought about what Chase had said. Should I leave Oliver? I might be happier. But I might not. I think I love him. Why do I love him when he abuses me? Love is so hard.

Oliver's 18th birthday was coming up, so I decided to go online and shop for him. I wasn't sure what to get him, so I looked at some surfing and fishing stuff. I found a few fishing lures and a tackle box. I thought I'd get him.

He'll legally be allowed to drink in 2 weeks. Not that it matters, he drinks anyway. I know it's wrong, and I've tried to stop him, but it doesn't work.

Oliver walks in the door drunk. Great.

"Hey babe. How was it?" I ask as he stumbles over to me. I catch him

"Yeahhh, it was soooo great! She was so nice." He slurs his words.

She?

"What do you mean she?" I asked, confused. He perks up straight.

"Ohh, you know. Just the bar tender. Yeah. She was really good at pouring drinks." He says.

"Oh. Ok. Well, why don't you lay down." I gesture totally he couch.

He kisses my lips passionately. He reeked of alcohol. I pulled away.

"Babe, you taste so bad. You need to eat a mint, drink some water, and go to bed." I tell him.

"Excuse me?! You don't tell me what to do! Do you understand me?" He yells in my face. I nod and walk away.

I find it best to just walk away in situations like these. I don't feel like fighting with him, especially when he's drunk. I just have to pray he goes to sleep. Sometimes, I have those feelings where I don't want him to wake up. But I shake off those feelings because I know I know they are bad.

I decided to sleep on the couch because I knew Oliver was upset, and I assumed he did not want me in their sleeping with him.

~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, I got up and got dressed. Oliver was still sleeping, so I had to be quiet.

I wore my black legging, a black crop top, a tan off the shoulder sweater, and my white Nike shoes.

I thought I would get up and make cookies for the boys at the beach. Partly to get away from Oliver, and also to see the boys. It's been about a month since I've seen them.

About an hour later, the cookies were ready. I just made simple chocolate chip cookies since most people like them. Oliver was still sleeping, and it was about 10 in the morning now.

I thought about driving but decided to walk since we were close to the beach, and it was a great day out.

After about a 15-minute walk to the beach, I made it. It was a beautiful morning, the beach wasn't too busy yet and the air was crisp. I walked up to the back door and knocked.

I saw Jesse open the door. "Heyy! How are you?" He brought me in for a hug and led me inside.

"Good! Here I made cookies." I say
Beardy comes rushing over and grabs the cookies from my hand. I laugh.

"Mouse is down South. He should be up soon. What's been happening?" Jesse asks as he sits in one of the swivel chairs.

"Oh, nothing much. I've just been busy with a few things." I say. I didn't want to tell him about Oliver.

Mouse walks back into the tower with Jethro. "Hey, kid. Haven't seen you down here in a while!" Mouse says, patting my shoulder.

"Hey. Uh yeah, been busy." I reply shyly. I haven't told him about Oliver either.

We sat down and talked for a while while the boys switched shifts here and there and watched the water.

I got a call on my phone, and I read the name. Oliver. I sighed and walked out of the tower, excusing myself from the conversation.

"Hello?"

"Where the f*ck are you?!" Oliver yells on the other end.

"Oh, sorry. I went down to the tower to see the boys. You were asleep, and I didn't want to wake you up."

"The kitchen is a f*cking mess! Get home now and clean it!"

"Could you clean it a little bit? I'll be home soon."

"H3ll no! Cleaning is for women. Get home."

I hang up the phone and sigh again before walking back inside.

"Hey guys, I need to get home." I say,
picking up my bad and jacket and throwing it over my shoulder. "Oliver needs help with something. Enjoy the cookies."

I walked home and cleaned the kitchen. Let's just say Oliver was not happy camper.

Hey guys. Sorry for the short chapter. This is just a filler.

-Mads <3