An Unnecessary Testimony

Y/N had kind of just been wandering the school for a while, already feeling out of place after what had happened at the prison.

It was uncomfortable, going right back into jujutsu tech without Yuji. Maybe she relied on him a bit too much, maybe this was what needed to happen so that she would be forced to rely on yourself.

She didn't want to think that was the case though, because then that would mean that she was the cause of his death.

When she had woken up this morning she was greeted with silence in the dorm rooms, literally no one else was there but her.

That wasn't entirely a bad thing, it was just unexpected and when she asked the principal about it, he informed her that they were giving a verbal testimony about what took place at the prison.

So she was a bit stuck at the moment, not having anything else to do. She already ate breakfast, she did her morning routine and she read a book. She could do a bunch of exercises until she couldn't but that was also boring.

Y/N sighs, entering the classroom and standing in front of the desk chairs. She was annoyed that she didn't have an idea of what to do.

Because of that, her mind kept wandering to Yuji and it wasn't fair. She didn't want to think about how she couldn't help him and it felt like she hadn't even really tried.

Quietly, she turns around and grabs one of the open chalks for the board. She first draws a flower and then a butterfly. She's not really sure what else she can draw, maybe her sleep paralysis demon... Though that wasn't really something she wanted to see herself draw.

"Mrs L/N?"

Y/N turns her head to see Yaga had opened the door and walked into the classroom, holding some sort of clipboard.

"I just wanted to let you know, that Fushiguro is almost done, so we'll call you when he's out."

"... Okay." She nodded, watching the man leave as soon as he had entered.

Y/N stood there for a while, contemplating a lot of things. She knew it would take a long time for her to get used to this, which was strange because before she wouldn't have considered Yuji a great friend.

He was consistent... That was all she thought about him. Was that bad?

She had a friend and didn't really realize it for some time. At most, she had considered him a family friend since he almost became part of the family. She felt like that was a bad thing.

He was... Her best friend. She didn't have another friend that stayed with her this long. Heck, sometimes they felt like complete strangers when they were so busy with their lives that they wouldn't be able to see each other six months at a time. And yet, he was always there

She felt like that was her fault... If she really cared about him, she would have actually tried to be there for him.

She's happy and sad at the same time, because she used to think that she didn't have any real friends. Yuji was a real friend and she didn't realize just how much of a friend he was until now.

Guilt is stronger than gratitude apparently.

Her phone rings, getting her attention as she puts the chalk down. She had spaced out again and when she went to check her phone, it had two missed calls already.

Who was this? When did someone give her their phone number? And when did she label the collar id as company property?

"... Hello?"

"Hey little lady!"

Aw shit, that's annoying.

"Hi Gojo."