Chapter 8 - Boss Battle

Souta turned his body in the air while slashing his sword.

Putchi!

The heads of the ghouls fell on the ground with a loud 'thud' sound.

Souta landed and he quickly moved his body around the wide room.

He didn't get to close to the walls as he knows that there's a trap there. If he gets one meter close to the walls he will activate the trap. The walls, ceiling, and floors will sprout metallic spike that could kill him easily.

Souta swiftly moved his body as he avoided the ghouls from all sides.

Swiish!

He cut the arms the ghouls in front of him before he swept it with his staff.

Bang!

"Ten down..."

With every wave of his hand, parts of ghouls flew in the air. He cleanly cut their bodies into two before smashing it with his staff.

He crushed the ghouls brutally without a hint of mercy. He slash, slash, and slashed his sword until he cut them down.

In just ten minutes, he finished all the twenty-eight ghouls.

He sat down on the ground while panting heavily. Fighting almost thirty ghouls cost him large amount of stamina. He even took some scratches on his body.

"I'll rest for an hour..." Souta muttered as he lied down on his back. He looked at the ceiling with a blank expression.

Grrrr!!

The door slowly opened as the ground shook slightly. It revealed a path to go back to the entrance.

"Huff... Just twenty more souls and I will be able to use the effect of [Soul Blood Earring]." Souta muttered while looking at the interface in front of him.

Just a little bit more and he will be able to increase one of his attributes using the effect of his earring. The effect of [Soul Blood Earring] was permanent, so even if he unequip it his stats will stay the same.

When you're a goblin it doesn't matter if you level up or not, what matters was the evolution. The attributes only increased by one and it didn't even make a difference in powers.

"Haa~" Souta wiped his sweat using the [Undead's robe]. He doesn't have an inventory so he couldn't store the equipment he found in this dungeon.

"I will be fighting the boss soon..."

He recalled that the boss here was the Great Undead Summoner. A boss-type ghoul that could summon tens of ghouls in an instant. He guessed that this will be enough for his [Soul Blood Earring].

He will also level up to 8 if he could kill five or more ghouls.

He closed his eyes and fell asleep. He dreamed that he was Blood, fighting hundreds of enemies in the near Great War.

...

He woke up after 3 hours of sleep. He sat on the ground and rubbed his eyes.

"I fell asleep..."

He looked at his surroundings and found that he was still in the dungeon. How careless of him to sleep in a dungeon full of ghouls.

He stood up while grabbing his weapons, the staff, and the sword. He then exited the room after he finished checking his condition.

He arrived at the intersection and went to the path where the boss lies. He just checked his stats and this was enough for him.

Soon, he met five ghouls.

[1-200] THE EVOLUTION OF A GOBLIN TO THE PEAK  On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara