Chapter 52 - Another Day

The audience slowly left the training ground as the tournament was finished. They remembered those students who showed great potential in this tournament. They won't forget it. The ranking was going to start soon and the second and third year couldn't wait to see who's going to rise in the first year batch.

Only the students of Shield Class and Mage Class were left in the training ground.

Alex gave Souta the authority to do anything wanted in his subject. He could even skip the class and only participate in the exams.

Right now, the students of Mage Class and Shield Class have a bit of understanding to each other after the tournament so they would grow closer in the future.

...

Alex said something about their next class before he dismissed the class.

Souta stood up and patted his clothes. He looked around and saw Bryan in the back.

"Come on Alice, let's check Bryan," Souta said to Alice before he walked towards Bryan.

Alice reluctantly followed behind him.

...

"Are you okay?" Souta asked Bryan who just woke up from his deep sleep.

"Yeah, it's just hard to move my body," Bryan replied as he tried to move his arms.

"Remember to rest, you will join me in my quest this weekend, right?" Souta said to him so that Bryan wouldn't do any reckless stuff.

"Ah, I forgot about that! Don't worry, I will be back into full force at that time!" Bryan said with a smile.

Souta turned his head and looked at Alice. He asked her. "Do you want to join us, Alice?"

"...I'm not an adventurer." Alice hesitated before she answered him.

"It doesn't matter," Souta said. "Well, I won't force you if you really don't want."

"Hello!" A voice came behind them causing them to turn their head. They saw Brando standing beside them.

"What do you want? Do you want another match?" Bryan said carefully. He was alerted by the sudden appearance of his opponent who defeated him.

"Childish!" Alice commented at the side.

"I'm Brando Hylott, I will train harder and defeat you the next time we fight, Souta," Brando said with a smile as he raised his fist and clenched it tightly.

Souta looked at Brando before he smirked. "Good, I will wait for it."

"Me too, I will beat the two of you next time." Bryan joined them.

"Haha, you can come at me anytime you want." Souta laughed.

"I will go now, see you later." Brando bid farewell to them before he left.

Souta looked at Brando's back and said, "He's the same as you, Bryan."

"Huh? Same?" Bryan didn't understand what he was saying.

"Forget about it, you wouldn't understand even if I tell you." Souta shrugged. He turned his eyes to Alice and said, "He ignored you, you know?"

"Huh?" It was Alice turn to be surprised. "Why would that matter?"

"You don't get it, he didn't ignore me and Bryan so it means that he acknowledged our strength but you..." Souta said as he raised his finger and shook it in front of her.

"So you're telling that I'm weak." Alice's tone turned colder.

"Haha, I'm not, Brando is the one. So train and defeat him next time." Souta laughed.