Chapter 161 - Departure

Souta left the Adventurers Guild after signing the contract. He told Jared to come back here after an hour as they will depart at that time.

The outdoor training will be held next week so Souta had to finish this quest as soon as possible. Just by looking at the quest he received in his system, he could already tell the difficulty of this mission.

[Quest Triggered!]

[Investigation]: Investigate the truth of the recent killing in the Fersch Dukedom and stop the perpetrator. Rewards: 20,000 exp, 8 free attribute points, and 5 skill points.

5 skill points... Souta always based the difficulty of a quest on the rewards. So the difficulty of this quest was between the level of the Gripin City and the Assassination at the Ladro City.

He probably doesn't need to use the monster potion that he received from Jimmy.

After walking for a few seconds, Souta stopped on his track, and he looked back at his party members.

"What's wrong, Souta?" Bryan asked him when he saw that Souta looked at them.

"Be prepared as this quest is harder than you think," Souta warned them with a serious expression.

Yeah, this quest was difficult for their current level. It's not that they don't have a chance to complete it, they still have a chance but that chance was lower than fifty percent.

But that's only if the three of them were going to do this quest alone. If Souta included himself, then the chances would go up to fifty percent.

Souta also have a lot of ace in his sleeve in case that he really fight that Duke. He was sure that he could win any battle in that Dukedom as long as there were no unexpected factors that appeared in this quest.

The Duke of the Fersch Dukedom wasn't as strong as Gregory. In fact, this type of land doesn't have a chance to prevent any of the huge countries in their surrounding.

They were weak. This type of land was only the beginner town if this was still a game.

In the past, when the Melosa Country tried to expand its territory, it burned down all the small kingdoms, dukedoms, cities, and countries in its surrounding area. Even if they bonded together, their forces were still insufficient to push back the army of the Melosa Country.

They were just fodders in front of a powerhouse country like Melosa.

Even at the time when the demon invaded this continent, these small countries were the first to go down as they didn't have a chance to fight back at all.

"Pack up your things. Weapons, equipments, and potion that could help you survive in case of an emergency. It's one of the most important things that you must never forget if you're going to take a quest." Souta said to them.

Lumilia, Brando, and Bryan listened to every word that's coming out of his mouth.

One must not forget the basic things all the time as it will help you survive.

"Do you understand?" Souta asked them and they nodded their heads in return.

...

Souta and co. went to the Ladro Institute, and there they contact their homeroom teacher, Bargan. They asked for a permission to leave in case they didn't manage to complete their quest on time.

Bargan gave them his permission to leave. He knew that he couldn't stop them as they were adventurers and that's also one of their sources of income. He asked them to promised one thing. And that's they were going to abandon their quest if they didn't manage to complete it before the outdoor training.