Chapter 142 - Chain Quest: Souta vs. Gregory (4)

"Huff... Huff..." Gregory was gasping as blood flow down from his mouth. He looked down at the sword that pierced his shoulder.

"This is a dark grade sword... A weapon of national level."

He muttered while looking at the sword. Slowly lifting up his hand, he grabbed the blade of the sword.

He was about to pull out the sword when he felt something invading his mind.

"Argh! Damn! This sword!" Gregory cursed and endured it before he finally pulled out the sword on his shoulder.

"A dark grade weapon is really different from other weapons."

He knew that he wouldn't be able to use this sword. The energy of this sword was damaging his mana pool. If he wasn't fighting Souta, he would try to control this sword but now, he doesn't want to do it because he would only exhaust himself.

Also, since the owner was Souta, Souta could control this energy at will so if he continued to hold this sword, Souta could manipulate the energy to utterly destroy him. And that's what he was avoiding to happen.

...

Souta pushed himself out of the ground. He waved his hand and his energy dispersed the smoke around him.

He looked at the system and saw that he only has ten minutes to finish the quest. He knew that Lumilia already left with his other classmates, so he doesn't need to worry about her. He only needed to defeat Gregory and follow her.

But there's one thing that in his mind. And that's Lumilia's father, Ursus Von Asvares. After casting a tier 3 spell [Ice Dome], Ursus didn't show his presence nor move to stop Souta and Lumilia.

"I need to wrap this up quickly," Souta muttered in a low voice and he wiped the blood on his mouth.

He looked around and saw Gregory was standing thirty meters away from him. And the [Vajra Sword Saya] was embedded on the ground beside Gregory.

"The Vajra sword..." Souta muttered as he squinted his eyes and looked at Gregory.

He knew the reason why Gregory wasn't using the Vajra sword. It was because whoever held it would feel the sword controlling their body. It was also the reason why Souta didn't care if someone took his sword.

'You can control the sword by using the energy that I provided in your body.' A feminine voice sounded in his mind.

"Control?!" Souta was surprised when he heard her words. It's the first time he heard that this sword has this function.

The [Vajra Sword Saya] was stronger than it was in the game and also more dangerous. Because the will inside the sword was sentient and could do other things than what it was in the game.

"Okay." Souta nodded his head and he opened his palm. He controlled his energy inside his body.

He felt the presence of the Vajra sword. Even if he closed his eyes, he could sense the location of the sword with the energy that was connected to him.

"This is really helpful." Souta couldn't help but smile. He opened his palm and the Vajra sword flew towards his hand.

Swoosh!

Souta grabbed the sword and without hesitation, he dashed towards Gregory.

Gregory braced himself and he casted another spell.

[Blazing Earth Wall]!

A ten-meter tall flaming wall rose up from the ground in front of Souta. Its width was thirty meters.