Chapter 131 - Chain Quest: Quest 3

Souta looked down at Madan who was gasping for air. It seems that the [Vajra Sword Saya] broke him down.

He noticed that veins were popping out of Madan and blood was flowing out of his eyes.

'You don't have a system like me that could use the equipment skill of weapon as soon as I wield it. You don't have any idea that you activate the [Possession] skill of the Vajra sword.' Souta thought while looking at Madan's pitiful appearance.

"I won't let you suffer anymore," Souta said in a cold tone as he slowly raised his sword.

"I don't want to die..." Madan muttered as he gripped something from his chest. It was a pendant that has a picture of his family.

He recalled the face of his wife, daughter, and his two-year-old son. He didn't think that this would become his last mission.

"Claire, Cyndi, Romi, I'm sor-"

He didn't even manage to finish his sentence as Souta swung his sword.

Putchi!

Madan's head flew in the mid-air and it splattered blood on the ground.

*Ding!*

[You've received 4,613 exp for defeating Elite Knight "Madan"!]

Souta sighed when he heard the system prompt in his head. When Madan said the name of his family members, Souta hesitated for a moment there.

"I just hope that you don't confront me in your next life," Souta muttered to himself.

He was going to take down everyone that blocked his path and there's no exception to it even if you have families or not. Souta wasn't an entirely evil person, even he still has humanity in his heart. Even if it's just a little amount of kindness, Souta treated a few selected individuals with affection. Well, that individuals can be counted in both hands.

'Yuko, Yuko... Yuko... Hmm... Who else? I think I will include class rep next to Yuko.' Souta thought as he looked at his hands.

He then shook his head and put those unnecessary thoughts in the back of his mind. He crouched down and grabbed the pendant on Madan's neck before he yanked it off.

"If I met your family then I will give then a special service of mine. If they're lacking money then I'll give it to them." Souta said to Madan's corpse before he turned around.

He recalled the quest that he received in the Desolate Woods. He still has to complete but he doesn't have any idea where he would start in this huge continent.

He saw that Yuko managed to defeat the two elite knights because of shock when they saw how Souta killed Madan. She received a few injuries on her body while she was fighting the two elite knights.

The remaining two elite knights were looking at Madan's headless body with widened eyes. They couldn't believe what happened before their very own eyes.

After a few moments, both of their mana burst out of their bodies as they recklessly charged towards Souta.

"Ahh!! I'll kill you!!" The screamed at the top of their lungs. They waved their swords at Souta aiming to slice his neck.

"Too predictable... You think that you would be able to kill me when you're just charging at me without any sort of plan." Souta said to the two elite knights while closely avoiding all of their attacks.

The two knights let their emotion overcome them and they recklessly waved their sword at him. They didn't have any proper form so how would they caught Souta in that situation.