Chapter 193 - Challenges and Tasks

Souta looked at Yujin and said, "I'll leave this thing to you." He pointed at the frozen corpse.

"What are you going to do?" Yujin asked Souta as he glanced at the frozen corpse.

"Me? I'm going to check if there are monsters in the vicinity." Souta replied to him as a black ball materialized around him.

"Okay, I hope you come back in one piece." Yujin nodded at him.

Souta just smirked at him as he didn't say anything. He floated on the ground and looked down at his team members.

Alice, Lumilia, and Lynn paused for a moment when they saw him floated but Yujin told them what he's going to do.

He shook his head and he opened his palm. A ball of shadows appeared on top of it. It then flew towards the direction of the meeting place.

"Okay, I could escape anytime with this," Souta muttered as he turned his head towards the opposite direction, in the deep place of the Night Light Forest.

Boom!

He then felt a heavy pressure pressing him on the ground. Souta descended as he knew that it was dangerous to fly above this forest.

"That's dangerous but I managed to see a glimpse of the monsters," Souta muttered. He saw dozens of orcs coming in this direction. It seems that his guess was right. That black orc really called reinforcement.

He then looked above and thought that the monster who pressured him was a monster at the third evolution as there's no way that a second evolution monster could pressure him. The pressure only disappeared when he descended so he guessed that it was an aerial type monster.

"I'll hold these group of orcs for a while," Souta muttered and the ground beneath his feet turned into black. Several tentacles like shadows emerged from it.

Holding these monsters was not a problem for him as he could escape anytime in case something dangerous occurred.

After a few seconds, more than twenty high earth orcs and four black orcs appeared before Souta. Their face was filled with rage.

"Go..." Souta said and the tentacles flew straight towards the group of orcs.

Swoosh! Swoosh!

Some of the orcs got caught but most of them managed to avoid the tentacles. Their movements were fast for their huge body. Especially, the black orcs' movements were swift and their bodies were agile. It's hard to imagine a five-meter huge body could move like that.

The four black orcs jumped in the mid-air and they swung their weapons. Then, a blue wave shot out from their weapons. It went towards Souta at high speed.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

The tentacles went in front of Souta and it protected him from the attack of the black orcs.

"Their level is high... Maybe higher than me." Souta muttered while looking at the four black orcs.

The difference between the black orcs strength and the high earth orcs strength was huge, even though both of them were second evolution monster. It's the same for goblin species, Souta was stronger than the normal evolution of goblin, the hobgoblin. Hobgoblin didn't have any special traits like [Corruption].

One was a normal evolution path while the other one was a rare evolution path.

Bang! Bang!

The four black orcs landed on the ground and they charged at Souta in different directions. The four black orcs arrived in front of him and red aura coated their butcher knives.