Chapter 125 - Chain Quest: Knocking out the guards

Souta arrived in front of Lumilia's room and saw that she already finished her preparation.

"Who's that man, Souta?" Brianna asked him while looking at the unconscious man that he was carrying.

"This?" Souta lifted up the man and said, "This man is one of the people who attack us. The one behind that attack is probably going to send some people to silent this man, so I'm going to protect him as I wanted him alive."

"So that's how it is." Brianna nodded at his explanation.

She knew that if Souta wanted to open the assassination to the public he needed at least some evidence, and this man was the proof of it. As long as this man was still alive there's some value to him.

Souta turned his head to John and said, "Can you hold him until we leave this city?"

"Okay, leave him to me." John nodded at him and took the man from Souta. He took out a rope from his bag and tied the man so that even if the man woke up he wouldn't be able to give them some troubles.

Probably the man too would realize that his lord was going to dispose him when he woke up. The man knew his lord well more than the rest of them.

"Good, let's go now." Souta nodded and said to them.

The Gale Group nodded at him. They were already prepared to leave this city with him.

"But what about Jusmin and Fred?" Lumilia asked him. She was concerned about her maid and butler the most in this kind of situation.

"It's better if they don't know our plan. If your father knew that those two cooperate in our plan then there's no doubt that your father would punish them." Souta explained to her what's better for her maid and butler. "You don't want them to lose their job, right?"

"..." With him saying all of this, Lumilia couldn't help but agree to him. She understood that Souta was right and she doesn't want to implicate those two in what she was going to do.

"Follow me, we're leaving through the main gate," Souta said as he started to walk. They couldn't jump through the wall because of Yuko, so Souta decided to leave through the main gate.

The Gale Group and Lumilia nodded at him. They followed behind him.

...

After walking for a few minutes, the group arrived in front of the main gate. They haven't met any patrolling knights in their way because Souta already memorized the path they were taking and their duty, so the group arrived smoothly in front of the main gate.

Currently, the group was hiding in the bushes looking at the six knights which were guarding the gate. Normally, only four knights were guarding this gate but due to the attack they slightly tightened their defense.

"Let's go. We'll talk to them first if we can't then we'll take them down." Souta looked at them and said. He carefully explained his plan to them.

If they failed to talk to the knights then they'll breakthrough by force. Souta, Yuko, and the Gale group will take the knights. Souta could leave one of the knights one each member of the Gale Group because he knew that they were not C-rank adventurers for nothing.

Even if the level of these knights was higher Souta trusted them to take care of it. After all, they were not going to become a C-rank Adventurers if they were weak.

"Okay, John will stay with Lumilia and the man," Souta said to them.

"I understand." John nodded at him.

"Good, let's go now," Souta said as he stood up and approached the main gate.

Lumilia and the rest of the Gale Group simply followed him.