Chapter 2 - Hero

Hero

July 2018

Atlanta definitely doesn't fit with my idea of summer.
I like the heat, it's undeniable given how many sunny days (few) there are normally in London. The sun is almost a mirage behind the clouds for much of the year. And I have to admit that I often go to Spain with my friends during the holidays, but Atlanta in July is in a league of its own.
There's this suffocating air that enters your lungs with every breath since the morning. Hot and wet. Hell of a match!
It's been two days since I arrived in the city, with a very short stop in Los Angeles, and I already feel like I'm practically melting inside.
My morning run has become my daily oxygen hour, even if I have to go out earlier than usual to avoid getting too hot.
A shower is just what we needed after running around here.
I'm not an athlete but I like to keep fit, especially since I work with my image. Sometimes it's a pain, other times it doesn't bother me at all, it depends on the moment. I like to always be on the move, trying new sports, different activities, even if my absolute favorite thing is football!

Go West Ham!!!

I smile thinking about the last time I was at the stadium. I was with Felix, of course, a few months ago.
The adrenaline that flows through your veins as you cheer for the team that makes your heart beat faster is something unique.

I quickly dry my hair with a towel in the bathroom.
The reflection in the mirror shows me two beautiful dark circles under my eyes. Perfect.
This fucking jetlag.
Or it's also the fault of the thoughts that have been crowding my mind for a few days.
Likely.
I snort thinking about all the times Jamie tells me to bring some face masks with me when I'm out and about. It sounds stupid to me to even think about it.
I never remember it, it seems like a useless waste of space in the suitcase and this is the consequence.
The truth is that it would have been enough to sleep a little more tonight and my appearance would probably have improved significantly too.

I quickly grab one of my black t-shirts hanging in the closet and a pair of dark jeans. I had carefully folded everything in my suitcase before leaving, but now all my clothes are so wrinkled they look like they've been in a steamroller.
I snort and try to remove some wrinkles with my hands. Uselessly.
Distracted by the constant thought that has been accompanying me for a few days, I put on my shoes and grab my cell phone, left turned off on the bedside table since last night.
It's already a lot if I forgot it in a visible place, usually I lose it everywhere.
I once found him in Diesel's doghouse and it makes me smile to think of him sleeping on top of my phone screen.
I don't like being always connected, even if sometimes I get lost on social media and disconnect my brain for a moment.
You just need to have a balance, as in all things.

One last look around the room: I should have taken everything, I hope.
I plan to go to the restaurant where the whole crew is waiting for us, on foot this evening. Anna sent me the exact location and said she'll wait for us there.
Yes exactly. I spoke in the plural: They are all waiting for us there.
Why?
Well, because today the girl who will be with me on this adventure arrives and...
I quickly look at the watch on my wrist!
I have to hurry if I want to welcome her in the lobby when she arrives.
The thought of seeing her in person makes me a little nervous. I saw some photos, not many actually, just before I boarded the plane for Atlanta.
I think they were part of a photo shoot. On her Instagram there are various photos but not of herself. Strange, I thought I'd find the usual photo book that every girl I know has on social media. This definitely surprised me! Jennifer, the producer, wanted to send me some photos of Josephine just before boarding from London but I had already done a search on Google. As soon as she told me the name of the girl who would replace Julia in the role of Tessa, I didn't waste any time. I was too curious.