Chapter 17 - My Hero ❤️

Josephine

It's a beautiful summer morning, the sun has just risen and the light is warm and enveloping.
I look at my denim jacket, over the floral dress I'm wearing and incredibly I feel good. I'm neither hot nor cold. It's almost an event to write on the calendar.

Hero surprises me by suddenly coming from behind and hugging me, his arms around my shoulders.
"Hey!" I chuckle, lifting my head to meet his gaze.
I love being so close to him. I love it!
"You'll never believe it, but I'm cold!" He hugs me even more.
The hat on his head protects him from the sun and from the gaze of others, but not from mine. His eyes are lighter than usual, a beautiful emerald green.
He looks down at me with an amazing smile on his face.
I would like to kiss him but I can't. Not without revealing to everyone that we are closer than they think.
“Are you sure you feel okay?” I touch his forehead with one hand. "Aren't you going to have a fever?"
He's always hot!
He nods and continues to smile "I'm very good!"
"But if it's an excuse to be closer to me" I whisper before looking around to see if anyone is watching us "Go ahead!"
Two dimples appear on his face and I enjoy the show, smiling back.
My heart is filled with something that feels a lot like an intoxicating euphoria.
What will be?

Jenny joins us gesturing towards a boy from the crew who follows her nodding.
Hero moves next to me, breaking contact.
Sigh. I miss it already.
“So, are you guys ready?” Jenny beams at us "You just have to be together and behave as you would naturally. Nothing more. We will shoot some scenes and then during the editing we will think about everything else. You won't hear shouting 'take, action' because we will shoot random scenes. Everything is clear?"
Basically we will have to pretend to be together, flirt a bit in front of the cameras. With the only unknown being that we will have no idea when they are actually recording, because they will also be doing general tests on all the equipment.
Cool, innit?
I listen carefully to the recommendations she gives us because, although this day seems easy to face, unknowns are always around the corner. I like to have the situation under control, especially in the workplace.
Jenny leaves us quickly to go to the crew to organize the filming.
I sigh, biting my lips: let's begin!
All this is increasingly frighteningly real and exciting.
I turn to Hero who has an amused look on his face.
"What's up?" I look at him questioningly.
Did I miss something?
"Come on. Tell me what you thought you'd do today!" He smiles, folding his hands expectantly.
He bites his lips to avoid laughing and the dimples that characterize his smile appear on his face again.
I'll take my time. I didn't think I was so predictable.
Is it so obvious that I set something up?
I only mentioned to him that I had had some ideas in recent days, but nothing in particular.
"I... What do you mean? I didn't think of anything!" I lie shamelessly. I try to be as credible as possible, remaining impassive.
“Okay, then come on!” He holds out his hand and waits for me to give him my red folder.
Pfff... poor deluded person!
It's my Holy Grail! I would never give it to anyone. And when I say never, I really mean never!!!
"Not even a thought!" I hide it behind my back. "Forget it! Not even under torture!"
"I don't even need to read what you wrote to know that you jotted down notes, ideas and who knows what else in there for today!"
I will never give him the satisfaction of letting him know that he's totally into it!
I can't be that predictable! Right?
"We have to improvise! What could I possibly have written?" I raise my eyebrows as if he had just said something far-fetched.
This guy knows me more than I think.
In response, Hero looks at me askance, remaining silent.
"Okay, okay!!! I may have written something but it doesn't matter now!" I admit being cornered.
Absurd how I can't hide anything from him. Madness!
He bursts out laughing "I knew it!!!"
"You heard Jenny, right? We won't even know they're filming!" I point it out to him. "But I like to have an idea of what we're going to do"
He shakes his head, chuckling.
How he loves to annoy me!!!
It's irritating.
In a pleasant way though. Does this make sense?
Can you be irritating but funny at the same time?
“What do you propose to do then?” He crosses his arms, waiting.
I turn to take the blanket and a picnic basket that they brought earlier
“They gave us these!” I show them to him, as if it were the production's idea and not mine. "Perfect idea for a romantic date, don't you think?"
Of course, me making these things up as if I understood something about romantic gestures is a bit funny.
I have a rather particular idea of romance, at least in the eyes of most people.
For me, being romantic doesn't mean giving flowers on Valentine's Day but there are various ways to show the other person that we have sincere feelings towards them.
He turns up his nose in annoyance at the wicker basket I'm showing him.
I snort rolling my eyes impatiently "What's wrong now?"