Chapter 7 - I'm not competitive!

Josephine

These days I almost feel like I'm living inside a film and not just because, yes, we are actually preparing to shoot one.
The feeling is that everything that is happening now is the result of some absurd plan of destiny.
I'm about to make a change in my career, yet it doesn't seem like the most important thing that's happening lately.

Hero.

He is the one who occupies my thoughts, constantly night and day.
When could I have met him, if not now, here, to shoot this film?
We live kilometers apart and 8 hours of time difference separate us!
When I look into his eyes, it seems to me that a world of possibilities opens up, that a little voice in my head tells me to evaluate carefully.
I could get hurt. Very bad.
I feel like I'm in a moment in life where everything is about to change if I decide to go down a certain path.

"Where do you want to go?" Hero looks around with his hands in his pockets and a gorgeous smile on his face.
This smile that colors my days and that I constantly dream about at night.
It literally fried my brain, it's clear now!
The hat he wears hides his eyes a little, but the sparkle in his gaze is so powerful that it still manages to captivate me.

The hat club.
It makes me laugh when I think back to when I said this bullshit, in a moment of panic.
I start babbling nonsense when I'm nervous and with him it happens very often!
But I have to admit that it's fun to think of being part of something that's just ours. Mine and his.

I adjust my hat better on my head. With the wind blowing now, it's difficult to get it to stay still in a precise position. So, every now and then, it slides to one side or drops too low, covering my eyes.
It's annoying!
Hero stops next to me and watches me intently for a moment. I stop too and turn to look at him. Am I lost in my thoughts again? Did he ask me something and I didn't hear?

"Can I?" He points to my hat and I nod hesitantly, not knowing what his intentions are.
He takes it off, adjusts something on the inside and then gently puts it back on my head.
It's definitely tighter now!
He fixes my hair, touching my cheeks.
I am enchanted when he bites his lips while looking at me with a strange look in his eyes.
His hand slowly slides from my cheek towards my neck, and then moves away completely, leaving a rush of shivers on my skin.
"How... How did you do that?" I try to focus on anything other than how his hands feel on me.
The hat is perfect now and no longer falls continuously on the face. I am visibly surprised by the result!
He chuckles amusedly putting his hands back in his pockets "It's a secret! I can't reveal them to anyone!"

I hide a smile between my lips as we begin to walk next to each other.
"Not even if we are part of this mysterious secret hat club?" I raise my eyebrows as if it's obvious he has to tell me all his secrets.
I would like to know everything about him. What he thinks, what he dreams, anything!
Yes, I've lost my mind right now!

"Ah well, if you put it that way..." He pretends to think better of it "But no, no way! Sorry!"
I snort and cross my arms over my chest.
I'm suddenly 3 years old and I have the unstoppable desire to stomp my feet on the ground in annoyance, even if it makes me laugh.

"Come on let's go!" He puts his arm around my shoulders and we walk like this again, close together.
Very close.
I raise my head towards him to look at him, this boy is really tall!
We are terribly close and I can't resist the instinct to look at his lips.
They look soft and juicy.
I bite mine reflexively.
God, I would kiss him right now.
No. These are not thoughts one can have about a colleague - almost a friend.

"In... That is... In what sense?" I swallow as I feel his hand brush my shoulder. He is absentmindedly playing with the sleeve of my t-shirt and I perceive everything, every movement, even the slightest one. My body is on high alert when it comes to him being near me. And I feel stupid, obviously!!!