Chapter 20 - Ciak, action!

Hero

It's the first evening ever that we all spend together, drinking, dancing, laughing, joking and chatting about everything.
The cast is now complete and I must admit that they are all very nice and friendly.
Maybe even too friendly, since Kad hasn't let go of me for a second all evening, never missing an opportunity to touch my arms and Inanna really makes sweet eyes at me, as Jo said.
But wasn't she engaged? Well, I honestly don't remember.
In any case, I hadn't noticed anything, but the hundredth time Kad touched my arm, feeling the muscles, I thought there was something strange.
She's nice, but seems to try a little too hard to find topics to talk about with me. She always comes back to experiences in fashion, talks about fashion shows in which she participated or in which she was a spectator.
Jo watches me from afar, I see her talking and laughing with Samuel.
I like to see her having fun, but at the same time I would like her to only laugh at the jokes I make. Oh, I know, it's a really stupid thought, I realize.
So I stay quiet here, on the sofas we have occupied in this place and avoid getting close to her.
Plus, Anna has practically kidnapped her since dinner. She sticks to her and doesn't let go for a second.
She says everyone only has eyes for me, but she doesn't realize the fascination she has on other people.
Jo has a magnetic personality that attracts everyone nearby.
I nod at Kad, not really even knowing what she's talking about.
I sip my drink trying to look interested.
I lost attention when she started talking about an Armani fashion show. Again.

"You and Jo..."
I turn to Dylan who watches me curiously. I had spent a moment too long observing her.

"Me and Jo?" I'm playing dumb.

"Are you seriously together? You look at her in a way..." He smiles pointing at her.

"Uh, no. We...uhm...we're not together." I sigh and look back at her. I can't stop myself from looking at her.
She is having a drink with Anna and Sam. Her laughter resonates here too, above the music.

"But you would like it!" He taps me on the shoulder playfully. "There's nothing wrong. She's a beautiful girl, intelligent, nice! Too bad she only has eyes for you, otherwise I would have already tried!"

Just the idea that someone might approach her to flirt makes my blood boil.
"Yeah. She's really cool!" I admit with a sigh. I haven't admitted anything really, just that she's amazing.
That's the truth, innit?
And then Dylan just said she only has eyes for me.
I like this statement a lot and now I like him a little more.

"Try it then!" He urges me "Every left is lost!"

"Yeah..." I sigh again "You're right!"
If only it were easy!
I leave my glass on the table in front of me, get up and join her.
Or at least I try.
I am intercepted by Inanna and Pia in the center of the track.
They laugh and dance like crazy, surrounding me completely.
"Girls, I don't know how to dance!" I shake my head, raising my voice to be heard.
They don't seem to have understood anything, because they continue to dance without making room for me to pass.
“I'll see you later, okay?” Finally Inanna hears me and leaves an opening.
I pass them and go straight to Jo, hoping that no one else stops me in the meantime.
When I arrive at their table, Anna looks at me dumbfounded and I realize that I didn't prepare any excuse before coming here to her.
Damn!
"Hey!" I smile.

"Heyyyyyy!!!" Jo surprises me by throwing her arms around me.

Ok, I wasn't expecting this one.
I put my arm around her waist, smiling.
"You drank?"
She looks up with a toothy smile and stares at me for a few seconds.
Yes, she definitely drank a little too much.
And her excess could be a few sips of this drink she has in her hand, given that she is practically teetotal.
I approach her glass and smell the contents.
"What is it? Rum?" I ask her.