Chapter 12 - It's natural!

Hero

It happens that, when you are so used to behaving in a certain way, you think that that is normal and it will always be like this.
However I was wrong.
Damn I was so fucking wrong!

Let me explain better: I invited Josephine out for dinner on a date and I have the impression that it's my first time ever.
Actually, if you think about it, it actually is.
I always hung out with girls within my friend group. There was never any need to ask anyone to go out alone. It didn't seem like a major thing.
With Jo everything is definitely different.
Even though we were going out every day together, I felt the need to ask her out on a date.

A real date.
Just me and her.

I used to go out with girls just for fun. And fun is a synonym for ending up in bed together.
But this time, I'm not going out with Jo because I want to go have sex with her.
Hey okay, of course I'd love to!
I would like it a lot. What I want now, however, is just to spend as much time as possible with her, laugh and joke, basically get to know each other.
I have the impression that if I don't make the most of these months together, I might regret it forever.
So I took the plunge and it worked out well. She said yes. She wants to go out with me!
It still seems amazing to be honest!
She is always very professional and is definitely excited to start shooting the film.
I am too, but I can't take my eyes off her. For that matter, not even my hands, since in one way or another I always find an excuse to touch her.
I really wish I could stay professional if that's what she wants, but I also feel like I need to get to know her better.
I know, career must come first now. There is no discussion.
This is our chance to show what we are worth and we absolutely cannot waste it. No distractions!
However, in my eyes she is not a distraction, on the contrary.
It's when I'm with her that I feel safe, relaxed and capable of doing whatever is asked of us.
Feeling that she trusts me makes me feel even more confident in my abilities.
It's definitely good for me to be with her.
Jo is unlike any girl I've ever met before. In a positive sense of course.
Her eyes make me lose sleep at night, and not just her eyes.
Her body is perfect, with those legs that seem kilometres, even though she's a dwarf compared to me.
I smile to myself at the face she would make if I told her something like that.
But what I like most about her is her character: sunny, nice, funny, sweet and never arrogant, kind, polite.
I could go on for hours.

For this reason I would like our first date to be something special.
I definitely have to look for something nice and original to do.
Something to make her remember her time with me when she returns home to Australia.
Because sooner or later it will happen, there is no point in denying it or pretending that there is a lot of time left before that moment.
It took me a while to find the courage to ask her if she wanted to go out with me, also for this reason.
Does it make sense to start getting to know each other beyond the professional aspect, when we know very well that in some time we will be far away, in two different parts of the world?
I've thought about it a thousand times these days and every time the answer is always the same: yes.
A thousand times yes!

I have no idea how she feels about this though. We always talk about everything, but this is the only topic off limits for now.
I'm a realist though and I know that it's perfectly useless to think about who knows what future together, when we know very well that our time is limited to these two months of recording. When we finish shooting this film, who knows if we'll ever see each other again. I don't even want to think about it.
We might as well take advantage of the time we have together to create something beautiful.

Carpe Diem, right?
'Seize the day', literally.

Who knows, maybe we'll become friends in the end.
I laugh out loud at myself for thinking such bullshit.
Friends.
I couldn't be friends with a girl and at the same time think about how amazing it would be to touch her and be between her legs.
Friends my ass!